NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Picked up my N.C. fishing license: - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-13-2019, 03:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Picked up my N.C. fishing license:

Right after I went to DMV and got my drivers license stopped into a store called Acadamy Sporting Goods, kind of like Sports Authority. I don't have a printer hooked up yet so I had to buy a paper copy.
The license I bought is for BOTH freshwater and saltwater at a cost of $40.00, (will elaborate more on the saltwater side of it later) I was able to pick up a Regulations Digest at the store also, it's thick covering FW fishing, trapping and hunting. Licenses run 365 days to date of purchase, not calendar year.
Trout waters are managed by 7 different classifications, (and you thought NJ was confusing) Creel limits are pretty liberal in most stocked water with no size limit and limit of 7 fish per day. I'm not paying much attention to this as I rarely keep anything. You can also buy a lifetime license but opted not to at this point.
You can set trot lines or jug lines as they are called in certain lakes and rivers.
State record Rainbow trout is 20 pounds from a river and Brown trout is 24
I have a lot to read, looking at the trapping section you can still use the old style leg clamp, interesting.
Double checking the whole trout stamp thing but it appears to be included in the Unified Inland/CRFL.

Last edited by AndyS; 11-13-2019 at 07:49 PM..
Old 11-13-2019, 05:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Picked up my N.C. fishing license:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
you can still use the old style leg clamp, interesting.
Watch your step Might have your wading stick chopped in half.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

You can have a ton of fun down there. Don’t forget your shotgun! There bee Bobcats and such in dose mountains.....
Old 11-13-2019, 10:00 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
You can have a ton of fun down there. Don’t forget your shotgun! There bee Bobcats and such in dose mountains.....
Dont have to worry about the nj devil or nj Sasquatch at least
Old 11-15-2019, 07:06 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Picked up my N.C. fishing license:

Anglers can borrow a rod and reel free of charge for the day. The loaner rods and reels are provided by city and town governments and the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission through the agency’s Mountain Heritage Trout Waters Tackle Loaner Program. This program operates like a library. Anglers of all ages register at participating Mountain Heritage Trout Waters program-tackle-loaner sites to receive a tackle loaner ID card, which allows them to check out a rod and reel for the day. Anglers under age 18 must have a parent or guardian to complete the registration form. Anglers receive a free one-time mini-tackle box containing assorted lures the first time they register in the program. One tackle box per participant is permitted. Loaner rods and reels are available for a one-day loan and must be returned to the participating loaner site by the end of the business day