NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Two out of three ain't bad. - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-03-2019, 05:59 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Two out of three ain't bad.

Got out the first three days of this month and the place I had high hopes for Monday was a "skunk", zip, zero, nada but the weather was comfortable but breezy.

Tuesday was a banner day for numbers (50 + or - 5) but only two larger LM, a 18 1/2 and a skinny 17. We had 25+ 8 to 10' dink LM (chubby little guys) and the rest were between 12 and 14". Little but lots of action, with double headers and one time 4 or 5 on consecutive casts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7 2 19 rl 18.5 & 50+ 8 to 14.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	135071

Today was hot and steamy, fished from 9 to 2 and the water temp got up to 84 degrees. We were able to put nine in the boat the biggest was my better-half's 18" and she had two others of similar size come off at the boat the rest were 17 1/2, 17, 16 1/2, the balance were 16 to 13 and lost a few 12"er on the jump.

We will wait until next week to start all over again because it will most likely to very crowded until then.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7 3 19  9t k18 m 17.5 17 16.5 16 - 13.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	135072
Old 07-03-2019, 08:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Two out of three ain't bad.

Great looking lmb. Strange how it goes from 0 to that many bass in one day, isnt it.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Strange how it goes from 0 to that many bass in one day, isnt it.
That's why it's called fishing.... but if it's going to happen, I'd rather have the scenario we had as opposed to a good day and then getting skunked the next. LOL I don't spend a lot of time trying to figure it out because it's something that I have no control of and it is what it is, a front came thru, pressure went up, the fish were there and maybe a few hours later could have been the difference. Post spawn can be a tough time of year because you never know when they will turn on and it can vary from body of water. On Tuesday conditions were right, some what overcast, the bass were active and busting bait on the surface.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Nice report! It was brutally hot out today, glad you caught some. And any 50+ day is a great day of fishing regardless of size, and you still got some nice ones. Awesome!!! Happy 4th!!
Old 07-05-2019, 11:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Two out of three ain't bad.

Nice bass !!