NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

5/25-26 Raritan Report - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-26-2019, 01:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default 5/25-26 Raritan Report

Started out at Duke Island Park around 2 pm on Saturday. The water was still a little high and stained. Other anglers that were there before me caught trout. I managed to land 3 or 4 on a Rebel Tracdown minnow. Long casts with the periodic twitch and the current doing most of the work was what worked for me. Missed a few there too.
Next stop was the North Branch where the IHOP used to be on 202. Lots of action there once I found the right spot. Nothing big but all very fun on the light power St. Croix. All on the tracdown except one on natural color rooster tail. Let the current do most of the work again. All trout released.
Blacked out early and was back on the water by 5 30ish Sunday. Water still a touch high and off color. Was getting schooled by snags at first. Switched to a Rebel crawdad, bigger size, and was blessed with a really nice 'eye. Measured about 22 3/4- 23 inches. I guess 4 lbs or so. Not sure, you tell me? All I know is it HARD and stayed down at first. Thought I finally got a real big raritan smallie, but was surprised to see it was a walleye. I'll take it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0320.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	133775   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0323.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	133776  
Old 05-26-2019, 07:36 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: 5/25-26 Raritan Report

Will these rivers get gin clear like the winter, may have to wait till December for that !!
I have the same game plan set for Tues. barring any heavy rains (minus the N Branch) Check for ticks, last time I went down through there I came out covered. Nice job on the fish and WALLEYE !!
Old 05-27-2019, 06:20 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 5/25-26 Raritan Report

Nice walleye! It seems like they're biting well this season for many people in the raritan, perhaps because of the constantly stained water.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:26 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: 5/25-26 Raritan Report

Great looking healthy Walleye man! Definitely close to or at 4 lbs. good fish!