NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2017-2018 nhl season........ - Page 16 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:08 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2017-2018 nhl season........

My major beef with it is they play a hard fought 60 minutes and reduce it to a pond hockey game then an exhibition shootout. That ain’t hockey!

Play 60. 10 minute overtime 5 on 5. Winner gets 2 points. Loser gets 0. If game still ends in a tie neither team gets a point. Gives them incentive to play hard in ot and not sit back to collect 1 point.

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 12-29-2017, 02:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Split / BD
Wouldnt pull the plug just yet. Not as bad as us Rangers fans always jump off the bridge on. We are in the thick of it and IN a playoff position. Would love to see a more consistent effort and for sure less giveaways. Kreider clot in arm hurts now that we just got Mikka back Was hoping to see that line back together. Time will tell but LGR

Duff: I actually am a fan of 3 on 3 but not so much on the SO especially because we let goal scorers sit and put shattennkirk out there as well as Hank isnt that great in the SO. Would like to see 10 min 3 on 3 and winner take all.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Agreed....SO has to go!!

Hate to see Kreider out for so long... but I'm anxious to see Vinni Lettieri finally get his chance.... I thought he looked good in preseason but then again I don't make the decisions hahahaha

Old 12-30-2017, 07:44 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Well... back to the mediocre Ranger effort again and couldn't even hold on to get the 2pts against a low confidence Detroit team Nash once again can skate circles around guys but just can't finish burying the puck when it counts Zib isn't the same yet since he came back, Fast is certainly missed out there, Hayes was the only uptick we had going, PP was horrendous (Mr. Scott Arniel, the coordinator), and AV's decision to put Shatt in for that 3rd shooter in the SO was bordering on Criminal!!! Lettieri would've had a better chance then him

Yes, I'm pissed that we're halfway through the season and the inept management are just letting this team go down the highway on 3 tires and "hoping" something will change The only consistency this team has is their INCONSISTENCY!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!
Old 01-01-2018, 02:01 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Stupid question....watching Winter Classic right now...why the nets behind each goal above the glass? Fans are no where near the rink?

....and BTW, these camera angles are annoying IMO.

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 01-02-2018, 07:44 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Glad I had the game to watch and relax after a late night of partying No answer on the nets but camera angles were making me more dizzy then the Whipped Chocolate Vodka Shots!!! Terrible perspective of the game... sometimes feeling like I was a bird circling above And some of those seats were sooooo far away, i don't know how they even can tell what was going on

Once again my opinion that the Rangers are a mediocre team right now in need for some changes continues... they made last place Buffalo look good!! Scott Arniels 5-4 PP's are horrendous but I guess management turns a blind eye to it.. and some of our top guys must've been caught up in the moment of the hoopla, or possible part frozen, because they didn't do much to win this game...

Oh well.... it ended on a good note for us Ranger Fans

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
Old 01-02-2018, 09:58 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Larry,

You and the other Ranger fans wine more than Manischewitz!

What I would give right now to trade places with your Blueshirts or Duff’s Bruins. The offensively challenged Habs score three goals in their last four road games...and you’re still complaining? As Cher said to Nicholas Cage in the movie“Moonstruck”: “Snap out of it!”

Max Pat went O for December and is on the trading block. Price can’t give up more than one goal a game—-and can’t score them either! Drouin is a winger playing center, Galchenyuk is a Center playing wing. This team is a total mess. Sergachev shining now in Tampa.

Jeff Molson has to wake up and fire GM Marc Bergevin! He underestimated the value of Radulov and Markov, and still has $8.5 million in cap space burning a hole in his pocket!
Old 01-02-2018, 03:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Max Pat in a Bruins sweater! Would love to see him as a teammate to Chara!! Lmao !!!!!

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 01-02-2018, 05:14 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Split: We got the 2 pts but yes definitley "frozen" at the start of the Third. Could see that Sabres goal coming a mile away albeit it took only 27 seconds.
All in all another great winter classic game to watch at home warm! Sabres beat the Devils the previous game and have looked pretty good for awhile now so no easy games in this league of ours.

Its all the extra passing thats killing us. OT Goal simple, Shot finally and finally on NET, rebound, tap in, GAME OVER. Not that hard lol

JT, Vesey and Hayes (most of it) had a great game.

Camera angles were terrible, hope that experiment is over. Also had to laugh when Pierre asked Hank about the sun / shadows and he said it wasnt a problem at all after all the commentators made such a big deal about it during the first period. Guess they didnt give Hank the script.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:48 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

missed the game as i was out cutting holes and catching fish.the rangers have
way to many good players to be a constant mediocre team.there is much more behind it i believe.i love the rangers and have since the 60's.i don't mind when they lose as long as they played hard but this team never plays hard.some players play hard but as a team not so much.