NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

FYI: Yami Fuel/Water Separator Filter - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 04-18-2017, 08:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default FYI: Yami Fuel/Water Separator Filter

FYI to all those who have yamaha fuel/water separator filters: just changed mine and found something a bit startling. after removing the old filter in my boat and while adding gas to the new filter before replacement, i noticed that the blue paint was peeling and dissolving at the base of the new filter where it screws back into the unit. the gas seemed to be reacting with the paint on the filter area inside of the gasket, which means this stuff is getting into the fuel. why in the world yamaha (or their parts manufacturer) would paint this part of the filter is beyond my comprehension, but my concern is that paint is getting into the lines to some extent. who knows how far, there are several filters before the injectors, but this can't be good for the injectors if the particles could make it there, at whatever amount/size. has anyone else seen this or have any thoughts/comments? i'm talking about the large blue 10 micron fuel/water canister type separator filter that yamaha makes.

2014 Sea Hunt Triton 210 CC

Club CRE Member: Catch, Release, Exaggerate

The difference between genius and stupidity?
Genius has it's limits.

TYMADRIP

Last edited by BigRock44; 04-18-2017 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 04-29-2017, 10:41 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: FYI: Yami Fuel/Water Separator Filter

just changed mine yamaha 225 no issues and didn't see what u saw.but what u saw can be big problem if ur not paying attension good eye captain.