NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Kayaker Question/Issue - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 09-06-2015, 10:45 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Kayaker Question/Issue

Should I be livid or not.

My docking area is not the widest, and to dock you need to almost drift in then do a 180. So coming in as usual waiting for outgoing boat to clear, all of a sudden kayaker darts out and is paddling right where I need to go so I do a correction to have him past me. The kayaker starts then paddling backwards completely blocking me so I need to throw in reverse not to hit kayaker and doing that I rub another boat. I am more worried about the boat I rubbed and dock and then run over to the boat I rubbed as the kayaker quickly vacates. Thankfully no damage to the other boat and minor to mine but of course the other boat owner is pissed, as he should be.
My issue is what possesses this kayaker to enter a narrow boat docking area during a busy time, I was so livid I was shaking and the guys that run the marina told me not to worry it happens all the time which I respond you have kayakers in here all the time? They said no boats rubbing is a daily event. I know there are no rules but it is the complete lack of common sense, my marina has always got traffic because of fuel and pump out. Not to mention the kayaker did not even hang around to apologize for what he caused, yes it is my boat and I am fully responsible for where it goes but when it is hit the kayaker or another boat I had to go with hit the other boat, maybe I should rethink that next time (just kidding).

Last edited by RATS; 09-06-2015 at 12:08 PM..
Old 09-06-2015, 10:50 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Kayaker Question/Issue

My wife just explained it much more clearly.
Ever been driving and there is a squirrel on the road and no matter which way you swerve the rodent goes in that direction?

Last edited by RATS; 09-06-2015 at 12:08 PM..