NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Lake George Charter - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-26-2018, 08:38 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Lake George Charter

My in laws are scouting a place out this weekend for next year around this time in lake George...my question can anyone recommend a charter up there that is ligit..not just a boat ride....my father and brother in law aren't fisherman so bass fishing is out but trolling for Lakers or salmon sounds about right for them...thanks..
Old 07-27-2018, 08:48 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Lake George Charter

There is a boat that we see fairly consistently out by Dome Island this time of year. Will send a private message

I will note that there are plenty of panfish off of many of the islands , if they're not really fishermen it's a great way to get action. All you need is a rowboat and a handline
Old 07-27-2018, 01:56 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Justy joe charters. Been out with them twice. Highly recommend.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Justy Joe knows the lake, awesome captain. Also there is a guy who only works for tips, has a nice boat, won't cost you a ton of money, and this guy knows the lake. Look him up on facebook Darren R. Marino. Met him early this month, I was up for a 3 day weekend, going up in September again and have a trip planned with him, oh by the way he takes care of veterans. He picks you up at the public docks at the south end right near the village of Lake George. Also try wading across from the pink roof ice cream stand, wade out to where the weeds start, cast shallow running Rapalas, wacky rigged Gary Yamamoto watermelon with red flakes, all summer we catch a lot of fish off that sand bar, BIG pickerel they can be a pain when fishing the rubber worms, you see your line running out and go to set the hook only to have your line cut, I opted sometimes to using a wire leader to stop losing so many worms, but then you don't get as many bass, small and large mouth bass, sometimes a Northern will take your offering, and all the pan fish you want. Been fishing that lake all my life, usually go up once a month starting at ice out till may, then late sept to late nov. Some great landlocked salmon could be had from the sidewalk if you know where to look in the fall
Old 07-30-2018, 03:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I have been fishing with Jeff "JJ" Johnson on Rod Bender Charters for many years for Lakers and salmon.
He offers 4, 6 and 8 hour trips on a comfortable boat.
I can honestly say the past few 4 hour morning trips have produced at least a dozen (12) Lakers every time with an occasional salmon in the mix.

JJ is part of the Lake George fishing alliance and runs the salmon stocking program. He is very knowledgeable of the Lake. He is not much of a talker but he knows his fishing.

He also offers solo evening bass trip for about $60 which are a lot of fun.

I fished with a few different guys there over the years and I find Rod Bender to o it produce every time.

The local shop up there is fish307.com which ironically is there web site as well. Search that site for some added info.

As gypsy said. There is some good shore based fishing and dock fishing to be had as well as good fall salmon fishing. Gypsy helped me net a beauty of a salmon last fall.

I have been going up there for 40 years. Before you book ask me if it's nice. Lot of old places there.
Options are on the water or not
If youare a time share owner there my place does exchanges and it a top notch place
It's called the lodges at cresthaven
Google it, not cheap but beautifull.
I can help with good restaraunt
Good luck, it is a great place.

Last edited by NJ Dave; 07-30-2018 at 05:26 PM..
Old 08-02-2018, 12:24 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2107.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	126164
Old 08-07-2018, 12:01 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Dave we got that laker right off the pier, no one else around, 6lb line lol, took forever to get that thing up to the net. Spring is great up there, couple more years and I'm going to be a resident there
Old 08-16-2018, 08:01 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I did rod benders years ago, nice boat n Capt. I'd use him again.