NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

posting images guide - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-07-2020, 08:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default posting images guide

seeing some folk with image problems, so maybe this can help out. Theres different ways to upload but here's my way.

go to a free picture sharing site like imgur or my preference: https://postimages.org/

Go to this dropdown and select 640x480 or 800x600 option. (Go too big and the picture will clog up the post) or dont resize at all.

Leave Expiration as No expiration.

Click the Choose images button and find where you saved your images, and select them to upload.
-
Or drag and drop the images onto the page.
-
Or copy the images (right click image and copy, and then hit ctrl + v on the postimages page)

You'll then get directed to this page with your photo in a thumbnail.

Click on the thumbnail of the picture, it'll take you to another page with the image expanded.
then right click it and select "Copy Image Location"

Now go into your post when typing it up and hit the "insert image icon" and paste in what you just copied (the direct image link)

if that is giving you problems, or if you would just prefer having thumbnails in your post that viewers can open up to reveal a larger image, use this link I have in blue highlight below. Copy that and just paste it into your post as is

Example of thumbnail link:

Or if you uploaded multiple images, you can copy this section I have in blue and just paste into your post.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:53 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: posting images guide

this is a really good writeup. Maybe FE or Mikey can make it a sticky?
Old 02-13-2020, 12:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: posting images guide

Super helpful info for those that are dying to post pics. Thanks Luke! Your the man!
Old 04-09-2020, 08:29 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I’m wondering if anyone can help me out with how to post pictures with a IPhone- I do not have access to a computer with current situation..Managed to christen new vessel with a beautiful landlocked, Definatly the blue marlin of freshwater...Thank you
Old 04-09-2020, 10:40 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepdeckhand View Post
I’m wondering if anyone can help me out with how to post pictures with a IPhone- I do not have access to a computer with current situation..Managed to christen new vessel with a beautiful landlocked, Definatly the blue marlin of freshwater...Thank you
You can go to an image sharing site like postimage and upload there. Youll use you phone's web browser and it should still work.

Or some apps on iphone can let you upload pictures and you can copy and paste the link into your post. Not sure myself, on mobile i normally just upload to a website rather than a special app.

Otherwise you can email me the pictures and i can post em for you, just pm me and ill forward you my address.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:55 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Thank you for the help...I’ll try to do it myself : and I’ll take you up on the assist if I fail...Thanks