NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Center Console enclosure info needed - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 02-21-2016, 10:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Question Center Console enclosure info needed

I am in the process of getting a enclosure made for my T-Top on my center console and there are 2 options that make the most sense for me. A 3 piece which just wraps around the console itself or a 5 piece which includes side wings. I fish mostly on my boat from early may to early November on my boat since that's the season of my marina. I like the idea of the 5 piece with wings but I wonder if (a) they get in the way and (b) they are worth the extra $$$ which is double the price. If I can get away with just the 3 piece that would be great but I am unsure. Any advice or info would be appreciated. Thanks in advice...Ken
Old 02-22-2016, 07:43 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Center Console enclosure info needed

I went with the full wrap around. Save you money and just go with the front and sides. I never have the back on unless I will not use the boat for a few weeks. It keeps it a little cleaner. good luck
Old 02-22-2016, 10:00 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Where's your crew sit or stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detour66 View Post
I am in the process of getting a enclosure made for my T-Top on my center console and there are 2 options that make the most sense for me. A 3 piece which just wraps around the console itself or a 5 piece which includes side wings. I fish mostly on my boat from early may to early November on my boat since that's the season of my marina. I like the idea of the 5 piece with wings but I wonder if (a) they get in the way and (b) they are worth the extra $$$ which is double the price. If I can get away with just the 3 piece that would be great but I am unsure. Any advice or info would be appreciated. Thanks in advice...Ken
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 02-22-2016, 06:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Frank View Post
Where's your crew sit or stand?
My crew is mostly my Dad who always sits if front of the console no matter what and maybe one other friend. It's only a 20fter so 4 in the crew most likely the max!
Old 02-23-2016, 08:38 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Wings are nice to have but are constantly in the way when you want to go up on the bow. Most people use then when running and tie back once they are fishing. You need to have them rigged on the boat so they are easy to get out of your way once you are fishing. Most have elastic strings and spring clips at the bottom. The clips secure to the floor when under way. When fishing, those clips are secured to the side of the helm station to keep them out of the way.

I'm with Flygaff on the back curtains... Waste of money and on a 20 foot boat since are going to really close you in. And, rolling them up is a pain in the ass and not good for the curtains.

Same thing in my opinion on side curtains, especially on a 20 foot boat where the space to get past the helm and up to the bow is very narrow.

If I were in your shoes I think I'd go with the wings and leave it at that.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 02-23-2016, 12:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Center Console enclosure info needed

Thanks guys... I think I am going to go with just the 3 piece for the console itself. I think that's the best setup for my needs. Tight Lines...Ken
Old 02-23-2016, 01:14 PM
Owner NJFishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detour66 View Post
Thanks guys... I think I am going to go with just the 3 piece for the console itself. I think that's the best setup for my needs. Tight Lines...Ken
I think this is the right way to go. Just make sure your have a convenient way to keep the wing curtains out of the way when not in use... Rolling them up in my opinion is not a good option since it will scratch glass when you roll it up on itself.

You might also consider strata glass or EZ2CY for the windshield since both are a lot more clear and last longer then eisenglass.... You won't however be able to roll either up.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 02-24-2016, 08:58 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Center Console enclosure info needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski View Post
Just make sure your have a convenient way to keep the wing curtains out of the way when not in use... Rolling them up in my opinion is not a good option since it will scratch glass when you roll it up on itself.
Good advice Jerry ! I was told that after you wash them down and dry them off lay a towel on them before you roll them up and this will cushion them and help them avoid scratching !! I am looking forward to this season with my new boat. Can't wait !!
Old 03-02-2016, 03:24 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Just curious, where are you getting your enclosure made? I've been looking for some sort or splash guard for my center console. I have a 97 hydrasports 24 footer. Also what is the price range? Thanks
Old 03-13-2016, 07:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilnfish View Post
Just curious, where are you getting your enclosure made? I've been looking for some sort or splash guard for my center console. I have a 97 hydrasports 24 footer. Also what is the price range? Thanks
You have a PM !!