NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

The slow death of Party Boats - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2017, 08:54 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: The slow death of Party Boats

I think it would be a number of things , mostly the lack of fish , Not trying to be pessimistic , but we all talk about it , Flounders , Mackeral , Whiting etc. Some fish are still good and of course I hope for good years ahead . There was an old saying "If all the codfish eggs hatched , you would be able to walk across the ocean on them" , before the factory ships depleted the cod there were 39 party boats in Sheepshead bay , and all ports had party boats . Young kids have so much to do these days that fishing is just not a priority . As I think about it , not only fishing , but we use to play stickball , I haven't seen that in years . Less people on party boats , but many more boat owners , and as said more open boat charters , things always change ! Lets all hope for good fishing .