NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

moon lit mixed bag on the cong - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 05-19-2019, 01:02 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default moon lit mixed bag on the cong

i was out on the big pond by 5:30pm and started the action with the old trusty jig-n-bobber for some crappies and got into some nice sized sunnies at first then found the crappies a bit deeper. ended up with 10 sunnies and 6 nice sized crappies the biggest crappie was 12".. then when it got dark it was time to see if the walleyes wanted to play. started with topwater and hooked up with a 24" eye rather quickly then things got slow at that spot so off to spot #2 good old cow tongue point got there around 10:30pm and the herring were doing the dance and i had hits and lost one before i could get it into the canoe, it came unbuttoned not that big but it was a walleye.switched to the stickbait to see if they would like that and only got a 14" largemouth bass. so off to spot #3 and fished there for about 20 min and hooked up with a 26 and a half incher nice eye got that one on the topwater i called it a wrap at 3:00am . by the way did anybody else see those fireworks last night? always cool catching walleyes with fireworks going off.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:13 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: moon lit mixed bag on the cong

Thanks for the report. Brought back some memories of some good nights fishing for Hybrids. I really miss going there.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: moon lit mixed bag on the cong

Badger I saw you at the point but wasn’t sure if it was you! We were in the big black boat that got way too close to the point on more than one occasion. I apologize if my Cap’n shook you around too much while you were camped out on the point! Hahahahahahahaha! I just found out last night that my buddy is pretty much night blind. I had no clue! Glad you got some nice fish man!
Old 05-20-2019, 10:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
Badger I saw you at the point but wasn’t sure if it was you! We were in the big black boat that got way too close to the point on more than one occasion. I apologize if my Cap’n shook you around too much while you were camped out on the point! Hahahahahahahaha! I just found out last night that my buddy is pretty much night blind. I had no clue! Glad you got some nice fish man!
that was not me in that boat they were to my right in the cove when i got there i tied off to a small bush on the other side of the tongue rock. i was in my trusty old town canoe. it is fun sneaking up on the walleyes in the dark let the nite time madness begin fellas.....
Old 05-21-2019, 07:19 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebadger View Post
that was not me in that boat they were to my right in the cove when i got there i tied off to a small bush on the other side of the tongue rock. i was in my trusty old town canoe. it is fun sneaking up on the walleyes in the dark let the nite time madness begin fellas.....
Be careful out there badger! Googans are on the prowl.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:27 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebadger View Post
by the way did anybody else see those fireworks last night? always cool catching walleyes with fireworks going off.
any idea on who was shooting those off?
Old 05-20-2019, 12:34 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: moon lit mixed bag on the cong

All this from a canoe, cool !
Old 05-20-2019, 10:40 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSquatch View Post
any idea on who was shooting those off?
yes they had a wedding at the J house that night. those were some fireworks for a wedding.