NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fish no show on the ramapo 10/14 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-14-2017, 12:33 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Fish no show on the ramapo 10/14

So me and my uncle hit up the ramapo this morning by the glen gray bridge. Pulled up and saw a dozen cars. About six guys were by the bridge on top of eachother. We decided to hit three good spots. I did not get a bite the whole dAy and saw one swirl in the water the whole day. I only saw one guy with two fish on his stringer. A year ago i saw fish everywhere and caught my limit. This is why i stick to bass fishing. Maybe the state threw all the fish by the park.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:43 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Fish no show on the ramapo 10/14

"I understand the trucks might not know conditions til they get there but it would be helpful to know where they were able to stock."

just sayin'
Old 10-14-2017, 02:06 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

TU spread dozens of buckets full of fish by the Glen Grey bridge, personally witnessed it. That being said, a Buddy and I hit another area today on the Ramapo that I watched them stock and fished up and down a half mile stretch without a hit or seeing a single trout. Finally worked our way back to our starting point and finally we each caught 1 Couldn't figure out for the life of us where all the fish went, I mean seriously we didn't see shit all day cept for 1 small spot that had a few. Did see a big girl in the one spot. Flows suck and that is the issue. Fish won't stay in that slow water with no flow. Look for fish in the cuts and riffles, shallow.

Last edited by BT67; 10-14-2017 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: edit
Old 10-20-2017, 08:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

In a way it's good. At least the areas aren't fished out the day after they are stocked. The fish are still there and getting smarter by the day and will still be around when the worm and Power Bait crowd gives up.