NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

valentines jigging adventure - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-14-2018, 08:23 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default valentines jigging adventure

went up to sussex co today to get some last of the ice action while it is still there. the place i was at had 6" of good ice. i fished in 6 to 8 fow and was able to get 22 sunnies, 3 slime darts and one 10" lmb on jigs. all but one sunnie was caught on a marmooska and meal worm. i even got two of the slime darts on that jig combo. one dart and sunnie was caught on a rippin rap in the perch pattern. the fish were not as picky today but still tricky to catch. i had to vary my jigging motion form a dead still n shake style to a yo yo action. i also saw two great horned owls there as well. it was strange to see them in the morning, i thought they only come out at night. i think the crows pestering them had something to do with them being out and about in the daylight. as sad as it is to say i think the ice season is coming to a early end this is a very depressing time for the icebadger as i really hate to see it go so soon. i was on a roll getting some quality ice time in. i am thankful for the 21 days i was able to get in. lets hope for a good ice season next year that does not end this early. time to get the jig-n-bobbers ready for the crappies
Old 02-15-2018, 07:28 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: valentines jigging adventure

Another short season is among us. It sucks. Glad you got out and pulled a few fish up! Sounds like you had some good action. I think I’m gona try to get on somewhere Saturday morning. Hopefully I get some reports on ice conditions before then. TIGHT LINEZ!!!!! FLAGGGGGGG!!!!!
Old 02-15-2018, 07:32 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: valentines jigging adventure

nice Badger and very true how sad it is to see the season end.i too am glad to have a quite a few days on the ice.got the jigs & bobbers ready!!!