NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Weekend Trout Fishing Trip - Suggestions? - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 12-06-2018, 12:58 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Weekend Trout Fishing Trip - Suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota560 View Post
Personally I'd rent a u-haul trailer. Find where JDtuna lives, hook the trailer Friday night to his truck and get in. When you feel the trailer come to a complete stop, get out and start fishing. That's where I'd go. Only risk is you might end up at the airport if he's fishing in New Zealand or Australia this weekend!
not gonna work! he's going for bluecats! hahaha
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 12-06-2018, 01:38 PM
dakota560

I'd still make that trip based on how you guys made out last year with the blues, that's an amazing fishery. Might have to rent the u-haul a few weekends then, he's a brown trout madman so just a matter of time! Don't think anyone travels as much as Justin to experience different fisheries, not a bad way to go through life as long as you have a very understanding girlfriend / wife or one who likes fishing as much as he does. Either way, I'd still consider getting the u-haul lined up.

Last edited by dakota560; 12-06-2018 at 01:42 PM..
Old 12-06-2018, 02:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota560 View Post
Personally I'd rent a u-haul trailer. Find where JDtuna lives, hook the trailer Friday night to his truck and get in. When you feel the trailer come to a complete stop, get out and start fishing. That's where I'd go. Only risk is you might end up at the airport if he's fishing in New Zealand or Australia this weekend!
Hahaha. He'd be disappointed...I dont have a hitch!

Logs, sent you a PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:48 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Logs - Sent you a PM. Good luck wherever you choose to go! Make sure you post a report
Old 12-07-2018, 02:39 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks for all the suggestions and PMs fellas! I actually just booked a room for the pooch and I Sat. night in the luxurious Super 8 motel in East Stroudsburgh PA! I figured I would be able to find some cheap accommodations, but $68 bucks a night exceeded even my frugal expectations. The best part is the motel is right off Rt. 80 and the parking lot literally backs right up to a prime stretch of Brodhead creek! I have heard good things about that fishery and without getting in a car I can literally fish from my hotel right down to where it joins the Big D less than a mile downstream. Its only about 35 minutes from Stroudsburgh to the Scranton area so I plan to hit up some spots over that way and will probably also check out the Big Flathead on the Jersey side on my drive out.

Can't wait, so many options!! Rainbows, Browns, Walleye, maybe even some smallies if I get lucky. With all those options I would like to say a skunking isn't even possible but if there is no post from me next week you can assume that I somehow failed to hook anything noteworthy and should probably give up fishing altogether. Wish me luck!
Old 12-07-2018, 07:06 PM
dakota560

People who are wildly successful in life usually file bankruptcy a few times along the way. Fishing is no different, for every skunk you'll learn something and be that much closer to figuring it out. Post regardless of your results, we'll hope for a good report but if not you'll get some constructive feedback from the site which should help you hone your skills and choice of locations for your next outing. Its the only way we all learn, trial an error and Intel from friends certainly helps. Good luck, look forward to your report!

Last edited by dakota560; 12-07-2018 at 07:11 PM..
Old 12-11-2018, 12:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Did you have any luck?? I'm biting my nails over here!!
Old 12-12-2018, 09:42 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookmanski View Post
Did you have any luck?? I'm biting my nails over here!!
Ha, sorry for the delay it’s been a busy week back at work. I did have a bit of luck, caught a couple of browns right behind my motel in Stroudsburg. I fished mainly Brodhead creek but until I could check into the motel I had to drag my dog (a Frenchy - not much of a fishing dog) everywhere I went and since it was too cold to take him with me I ended up leaving him in the car with the engine running and heat on. For obvious reasons this limited the spots I could fish to those where I had a line of sight to the car. I also stopped in at a great sporting goods store called Dunkelbergers. I highly recommend. Picked up some fishing gear there as well as a cheap used carbine to use for target practice at the new range that just opened near my house. All in all it was a good day. On my drive back I fished the Pequest river for the first time. What a beautiful trout stream it is! The water was super high and despite hitting up a few spots I didn’t have any more luck. Some pics of the brownies below.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:48 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sweet!
Old 12-12-2018, 10:07 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Hey nice man! Those are some beautiful browns! Glad you had some luck out there. How was the motel? I might have to mimic your trip someday