NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Delaware River - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 08-08-2017, 10:31 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Delaware River

I would like to go fishing on the Delaware launching in Upper Black Eddy by the Milford Bridge this weekend. I have a 16 foot bass tracker and a 9.9 kicker that doesn't go as deep as the main 50. Does anyone have experience launching there and going north on river?? Any idea How deep is it in that area? Would I be best to do this in the Spring when water level is higher?
Thanks
Old 08-09-2017, 02:13 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Delaware River

I fished that area from the Jersey shore many years ago. There are very shallow rapids and a rock bottom less then a mile upriver from there. I never saw a boat go past the rapids. A jet boat may be able to make it during high water conditions.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:48 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

stream gauge height for the area may be helpful-

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/rt
Old 08-09-2017, 04:38 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I use to fish that stretch in the early 2000s. it gets "hairy right past the beech and the rapids are right around the bend. I was able to get up it one day but coming down with the water pushing you is hard. honestly I wouldn't do it again. its truly not worth it. best part of that stretch is the channel below the rapids and the bridge. I never caught any thing special in that stretch. have not been back in years . I have a vhull with 9.9
Old 08-09-2017, 08:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I have nerver been fishing at milford.but i recently did some scouting up there.You can launch your boat at Belvidere boat launch and fish about a 2 or 3 mile stretch north and south of the ramp.I saw a bunch of boats fishing there that were 16 footers with regular outboards.While at the boat ramp i cast out and catch a 21 inch walleye and on the next cast i catch a smallmouth.Talked to a coulple of boaters who said they had a musky follow thier baits.I am planning on taking my 16 footer up this september.I then talked to a fisherman who told me that there is a ramp about 2 miles north of Easton PA on the Pennsylvannia side on RT 611.I drove down there and sure enough i saw boats going up and down the river.You can google the name of the boat launch and i think its located at an old mill site.Hope this helps.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:03 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

The upper Black Eddy ramp is very shallow and tough to launch from. The lot only holds about 6 cars. If it's full there is a large grass field about two houses downstream. An old lady sits on her porch across the street and takes 10 or 20 bucks to let you launch / park there with better access. But the belvidere and holland church launches (riegelsville) on the jersey side are way better for a 16 footer.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:53 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Thanks guys for all your feedback!! I am going to instead try the Belvidere launch tomorrow! Happy Fishing!