NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Good Experience - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 08-12-2015, 04:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thumbs up Good Experience

I do not see a sponsor marina near them or a boat hauler sponsor so hopefully this is ok to post.

After a not so great marina experience I hauled my boat to Navesink Marina on a recommendation from my boat hauler Patriot Boat Hauling (more on him later). So after some conversations with the service writer where I was straight up about the boats history, he was also straight up and would not give me an estimated time to completion nor a bs estimate for repairs until they got into the boat. I gave him my cc and he stated if it was going to be more than a $1k he would call me first. 2 weeks later get a call boat is up and running and waiting on a part to complete. So came down to do some items I needed to accomplish with it and was able to tell right away they tore it apart checking things.
Got a call today that they had it out and mostly it was good to go with some items that need attention. So we went through my list and he goes, you know I can not verify this one item. Gets his crew on it immediately, some switches they seemed not working. Besides that all was inspected/repaired and two items he said to leave for winter, one motor trim and one trim tab not working. Have not gotten the bill yet but I already know it did not hit $1k. They are gonna give it a full bath for me and I will be racking with them for the year as well as leaving them a laundry list of when you can items.
Patriot Boat Hauling, Brick. Found them a year ago and could not be happier. When they picked my boat up from the old marina the marina wanted to charge me $250 to lift it onto the trailer because they put it into a position that made it non-accessible. Hauler knew the story with them and my boat and amazingly they did not hit my card for the "lift", I think he had words with them. He brought it to my home and set it up perfect in the driveway blocks and all, charged me the normal rate. I called him in spring about moving it back down the shore and he recommended Navesink Marina. So he picks it up and hauls it down and says just give me $XXX for the haul, which was half what the going rate was. All in all between what he saved me for the "lift" and charged me it was stupid cheap for the haul from Manasquan River area to the Poconos then to Sea Bright. AND when he dropped it off he thought he hit my mailbox and gouged the hull and was looking to pay for the repairs. Told him nope old marina did it when they side-swiped mine with another boat during a "lift", but that was just part of boat storage as far as they were concerned.
As a bonus Navesink has a great bar/restaurant with live bands.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:00 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Good Experience

That's the heart of a referral. They ARE GOLD.
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber