NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Shallow Water Pike - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-16-2019, 09:17 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Shallow Water Pike

Great fish and neat lure, nice job on it! Even unpainted, in white, the lure works.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:16 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTEDDIE29 View Post
There ya go buddy! Those are some awesome looking Pike right there. You must feel awesome making a lure that produces fish. Pretty sick!!! I’ll take 4, 2 white, 2 chartreuse! Hahahahaha!!
Thanks! I'm happy the river has finally been low enough to fish. Next time I see you I'll give you a couple to try out
Old 06-17-2019, 12:37 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisper4694 View Post
that's cool, how'd you make the lure? just winged it or followed some mold or something?
I pretty much just did a little research and wung it haha.

I watched a couple YouTube videos about bait making to get some ideas, but I just drew up a stencil of the general shape I was going for, cut the lures out of wood, and used a wood chisel, exacto knife, and sanding belt to shape and add details. This is the first batch I made - 2 larger crankbaits and 2 gliders (the reason only one glider is in the pic is because the other is sitting in a tree at the bottom of the lake in the background).

After losing a bait that took a few hours to make I figured it'd be easier to try making a mold for the baits. I carved a master out of wood, made a mold of it using silicone, and just pour liquid plastic into the mold. Then I add the hardware and lead to them. Here's a picture of two of the unpainted swim baits from the mold:

Last edited by NickM221; 06-17-2019 at 12:53 AM..
Old 06-17-2019, 12:56 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk City View Post
I only know of 1 stretch that produces pickerel so I think I know where you were! Good to see they are still there .
I'm taking good care of your pets I sent you a pm
Old 06-17-2019, 10:13 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudCat08 View Post
Great fish and neat lure, nice job on it! Even unpainted, in white, the lure works.
Thanks! I think I may actually leave some white. The white really stands out in the stained water.