NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Blackened Tog sandwich with cabbage jicama slaw - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Recipes
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Recipes Use this board to post your favorite recipes

Old 12-21-2017, 12:49 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Blackened Tog sandwich with cabbage jicama slaw

Trim tog. Pat dry with paper towels. Put in fridge until ready for seasoning.

Slaw: head of red and green cabbage shredded, shredded carrots, julienne jicama. Mix in large bowl. Dressing: depending on amount of slaw, cup of real mayo, half cup good rice vinegar, sriracha to taste, cracked black pepper, juice of half a lemon, pinch of sugar to help cut the acidity. Honey would work too. Wisk until smooth. Add to shredded vegetal bowl. Toss then cover and into fridge until ready to serve. I like it to sit 45 mins or so to really absorb the dressing.

Tog: lightly oil tog pieces/fillets and coat generously with your fav blackening seasoning. Cast iron pan, high heat, melt tablespoon or two of butter. Sear tog on both sides until legit blackened. Remove from heat. This should only take and 5 to 7 mins. Searing on high heat helps lock in the fish's moisture.

Rolls: your choice. I use sourdough. Fresher the better. Halve and lightly toast until mildly crisp. I then give each roll a schmear of garlic butter made with softened butter and finely minced garlic. Close rolls and let the residual heat melt the butter.

Serving/plating is simple. Add fish to roll and top with a good pile of slaw. Wash down with a modelo

Pic below. I ate 6 of them haha... enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171221_123247.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	120147  

Last edited by Jigman13; 12-21-2017 at 08:41 PM..
Old 12-28-2017, 03:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Blackened Tog sandwich with cabbage jicama slaw

I love sourdough. Never had a tog sandwich thou as I usually bake with panko but I will give it a try.

Thanks!

"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths"