NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

looking for a marina next year - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 09-24-2010, 11:07 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: looking for a marina next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeya78
tha channel club is nice but exspensive, my marinan is right next to the channel club,The warfside marina. if you look at the channel club from the water my marina is to the left, the brown condos. People rent out there slips and you get a shower/bathrooms, a picnic area, and a biult in pool. This year we had hardly any boats there. I think it's aroun 95 or 100 dollars a foot. The docks all have locking gates, electric hook up, and water. you also are able to put a cleaning station and dock box. very clean and nice docks check it out. The warfside marina/condos.ps you also get 2 parking spots
Thank you, I will check it out
Old 09-29-2010, 02:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

You might want to look at Sea Venture Marina in Highlands. Small 24 boat Marina, all great people and solid fisherman. Floating Docks with water and bathroom..........basically a no frills Marina, just your basic's........about 20 min to tip of the hook

can call Skip at Cell 732768-0740 office 732-872-0022
Old 10-01-2010, 06:49 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Mark check your pm
Old 10-01-2010, 10:24 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

i keep my 27 contender on trailer, its a pain and certainly not as cool as being in water, but lot cheaper and does not beat up boat, so spring and winter i stay at skipper shop in atlantic highlands, for summer bring it down to mantaloking cove in brick, run up canal is about 20 minutes about 30 thru inlet ... to me its the best of all worlds... but nothing to keep boss lady happy! buy her flowers and diner every weekend!
Old 10-05-2010, 04:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn911
Thanks Ryan, that is about what I thought, looks like I am going to have to start donating blood regularly, pony up and stay at Crystal Point

My friends boat it is at crystal dock and i am there frequently and i can say, other then some of the southern high end marinas, crystal point is nice, just does not have a restaurant which sucks.

The pool is great, the docks are in top shape and the motel/hotel being there is a great bonus if you dont wanna sleep on the boat or have friends coming in from out of town. not to mention all the free ice we get from the weddings and ice carvings they save out back for us every night they have a wedding, and thats a couple hundred pounds!!

There is also clarks which has a restaurant and no pool, but has pretty nice bathrooms for the public, and nice ones for the tennants. There is no no wake there, but i dont see anyone having any serious problems, the canyon runner has both boats there, megan beth i believe is there, reel class is there, mike on the renegade, you can check with them they have all been there for a while and should have more insight but i think the docks there need a serious replacement.

Everyone marina will have its highs and lows for you and the family. Pick wherever you are most comfortable when you are on dry land, being on the water or a 45 minute ride to the inlet should not sway your decision for the luxury and enjoyment of your family. I am fortunate enough to park behind my fathers home, so i got all the amenities i could want or need, but i still like to go to friends boat a ton more in the marina at crystal point and also hang by the fish monger in brielle, just something about being at a marina on weekends with a pool, grill, fish, beer, and dock mates, kinda makes it feel tropical and a lot more relaxed then behind the house to me!

Good luck in whatever you choose, but i can honestly say with you being a private boater, the ride out is not your real worry, make sure your comfortable at the dock like i stated before!!!