NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

"1st annual njf ice contest 2015" - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:15 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up "1st annual njf ice contest 2015"

Tis the season………………………………to pull some fish through some icy NJ holes. In the spirit of the off season as some "ANGLERS" like to call it, we the members of NJFISHING.COM are going to have a little contest. I'm not sure how these so called "ANGLERS" fish from April-October and then call it quits. Especially when there's fish to catch all year round in our great little state. This contest will begin as soon as you "MANIACS" can find safe ice in NJ. The contest ends March 21st at midnight. The contest will be 20 bucks per man. If you know me hand me the money. If not, we'll set something up via Paypal or you can just send me a check in the mail. There will be 5 categories and they are as follows.

Category 1 - Large and Smallmouth Bass
Category 2 - Pickeral
Category 3 - Pike
Category 4 - Walleye
Category 5 - Perch and Crappie

There will be 1 winner for each category. The biggest fish entered in each category "WINS"! The angler with the most entries in the most categories will get a "BONUS PRIZE"! That's for the angler that catches alot of fish but never seems to get the biggest one. There will be "CASH" prizes for the top fish in each category.

IF YOU WANT TO BE "IN" THIS CONTEST I NEED YOU TO POST ON THIS THREAD THAT YOU ARE
…………..." IN "…………...
RULES -

You "MUST" be a NJFISHING.COM member to enter the contest. This means you "LURKERS" out there need to join the site or well, you get "ZERO"! It's not going to hurt to become a member so do it………………………... "NOW"!

Your entry/ fish "MUST" be caught in NJ. This includes Greenwood Lake and the Delaware River. No out of state fish will be excepted. If your where-a-bouts are questionable you will go in front of the committee. "TRUST ME" you don't want that to happen.

"NO PRIVATE LAKES", "PUBLIC LAKES ONLY"! This means you "HACKS" that fish your backyards every season don't really stand a chance, LMAO!!!!! "HACKS"!!!

You "MUST" provide a pic of your fish next to a "TAPE MEASURE". A real "TAPE MEASURE" like the ones purchased from Home Depot, Lowes or manly stores. "No" paper tapes, "NO" tapes from your dry cleaner or tailor. This is important. If we can't read the numbers on your "TAPE MEASURE", you are "SCREWED"!

There will be a "MYSTERY" item that you must include in your pic in order for your entry to count. Make sure you have this item on you at all times. No "MYSTERY" item in the pic, UH OH, guess what? Your entry will not count. You'll be "SCREWED" again!

The "MYSTERY" item will be available on December 20, 2014.

Here's how to enter your pics. Place the fish on the ice gently next to the "TAPE MEASURE" with the " MYSTERY" item. Take a pic. Then take your fancy digital camera or phone and take a "SELFIE" of you on the Ice with the fish. A little background doesn't hurt. DO NOT SPOT BURN! I recognize alot of bushes and trees on NJ lakes and ponds so show me and the committee something in the background.

Post your entry on this thread for all of us "ICE MANIACS" to see! Please be sure to have nice clear pics of your entry!

Deadline to get "IN" this contest will be Friday January 9th. If your not on the list by January 9th, well, your not in the contest. No exceptions!!

Contest runs as soon as you "MANIACS" can find safe Ice in NJ. Contest is over at midnight of March 21, 2015. No entries will be excepted after this deadline

Those are the rules plain and simple. If I forgot anything hopefully the "COMMITTEE" will chime in and pick up where I left off. There will be other prizes donated along the way so sign up to NJFISHING.COM now. You don't want to miss this one. There's going to be prizes galore. Hopefully some of the kind sponsors will throw us a prize or 2. This is going to be a fun contest made for the members of NJFISHING.COM by the members of NJFISHING.COM. No "DRAMA" will be excepted in this contest. Trash talk on the other hand is greatly appreciated. Don't be scared to "STIR THE POT", just make sure you do it in a respectful manner, LMFAO!!!!!! See you "MANIACS" out there. Be safe. Beware of thin Ice.

Entries,

1) FASTEDDIE29 paid
2) Jigman13 paid
3) acaravaglia paid
4) Gwl2oneida paid
5) Mikey Topaz paid
6) Jimmylivebait paid
7) Saxmatt paid
8) kmaty
9) Bridge Addix
10) GetANet paid
11) Andrushkin13 paid
12) jrock paid
13) Skunk City paid
14) bunker dunker paid
15) Gatto1227 paid
16) Liveitup1.75 paid
17) ScowardNJ paid
18) Catfishonthelake
19) JimmytheGreek paid
20) gnuisance paid
21) zmerchant7 paid
22) The Birdman paid
23) twitchferd420 paid
24) Fireballbob paid
25) Jackstraw paid
26) jtjr09
27) CHASEPAIN paid
28) rjw6375
29) Fishon1982 paid
30) njbassman paid
31) Bling306
32) WILSEA paid
33) DuckorBleed paid
34) Jedhead paid
35) Lennysky paid
36) bigboy5522 paid

Donations for prizes-

Strikemaster Mora hand auger - Gwl2oneida
2 jigging rods - Mikey Topaz
Bunker dunker - 5 brand new tip ups
Efingers - 25 dollar gift card
Laurie from Dow's on Lake Hopatcong - 40 dollar gift card
JimmytheGreek - 25 dollar gift card to Dow's on LH

FLAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

YEA BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!

AND SO IT BEGINS!!!!!!!!!!

This TOURNEY CARD is the MYSTERY ITEM! Make sure you have it on you at all times. It needs to be in a pic with your fish entry!!!!

LEADER BOARD

PIKE - 1ST - Mikey Topaz - 39 inches. 2nd DuckorBleed - 37 1/4 inches. 3rd - Saxmatt - 37 inches.

PICKEREL- 1ST - Saxmatt - 27 inches. 2ND - GetAnet - 26 3/4 inches. 3RD - bigboy5522 - 26 11/16.

LM/SMALLMOUTH - 1ST FASTEDDIE - 20.25 inches. 2ND - Jigman13 - 20 inches. 3RD - Liveitup1.75 -19.75 inches.

PERCH/CRAPPIE - 1ST - Jigman13 - 15.25 inches. 2ND Liveitup1.75 - 13 7/8. 3RD - bigboy5522 - 13 inches. Lennysky - 13 inches.

WALLEYE -1ST - FASTEDDIE - 24.5 inches. 2nd - Mikey Topaz - 19 inches.

In the case of a tie in any category, the first fish entered gets the prize.

Last edited by FASTEDDIE29; 03-11-2015 at 04:19 PM..
Old 11-21-2014, 08:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: "1st annual njf ice contest 2015"

Flaaaaagggggggggg!!! I'm in. Amped for this...

How about a channel cat category too?
Old 11-21-2014, 09:22 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Can't wait to get out there.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Just to get this party started, I'm donating a strikemaster mora hand auger. I'll let eddie assign what category that prize will go to. It's game on gentlemen.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:17 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Oh well, I do 90 percent of my ice fishing on Fayson Lakes so it would be pointless for me to enter.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:21 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansnat View Post
Oh well, I do 90 percent of my ice fishing on Fayson Lakes so it would be pointless for me to enter.
Your close to a lot of public access lakes. Why throw in the towel so early. If you catch a 14 inch Perch or Crappie you might win something. If you catch a 6lb Largemouth you have an excellent chance. All it takes is one day out and not lucky tip up!!!! C'mon dude!!!!
Old 11-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Site Sponsor

Im in dude! Looking foward to kickin off the 2014 ice season and get this party started,
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 11-22-2014, 12:50 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Oh I'm in brother too bad I think the topaz will be in the lead by 4pm today lol. Can't wait to see the rescue team trying to find his crazy ass
Old 11-22-2014, 01:52 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLivebait View Post
Oh I'm in brother too bad I think the topaz will be in the lead by 4pm today lol. Can't wait to see the rescue team trying to find his crazy ass
Hahaha!! Let's hope not!

And how's he gonna submit something without the mystery object???
Old 11-22-2014, 02:46 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I'm in! Do you want to give me the prizes for the pike and pickerel categories now or should we wait until ice out?