NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Belmar Municipal Ramp - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 06-29-2016, 09:40 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Belmar Municipal Ramp

Does anyone know if Belmar municipal ramp parking lot is still a mess? I'd hate to drive two hours and not get a trailer parking spot.

Fred
Old 06-29-2016, 11:17 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Belmar Municipal Ramp

Not sure about the parking lot, but they have a lot going on over there. If it's a no go, Macs B&T across the bridge has a ramp. I think its the same price, and if that doesn't work, I believe the ramp at my marina, Neptune Municipal has a public ramp. If harbor master isn't there they have a machine by ramp.

Brian
Old 06-29-2016, 11:56 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfritz44 View Post
Does anyone know if Belmar municipal ramp parking lot is still a mess? I'd hate to drive two hours and not get a trailer parking spot.

Fred
U bet it is! Parking lot still fenced off as of Sunday June 26, although the sludge bladders are gone.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:11 PM
dakota560

Dredge operation is going to last all year is what I was told by the dredge workers themselves. Between dredge and construction of Jack Baker's new restaurant and Pier 9 traffic the parking there is going to be a major problem all season and probably from now on. Wait until the prime vacation months July and August kick in with party boats and the bluefish fleet, parking is going to be a major problem for anyone launching their boat or keeping it in a slip. They had to have lost 75 - 100 parking spots to the restaurant construction alone much less the problems created with dedicating the south parking lot to the dredge operation. Once the restaurant opens next year, between employees and patrons and Pier 9 forget about finding a parking spot. It's interesting that anyone else filing for a building permit you must have sufficient parking or you won't be issued a permit BUT when it pertains to Jack Baker and the Municipality of Belmar I guess there's a second set of standards involved. Criminal how government works!