NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Sea Bass Closure - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Angry Re: Sea Bass Closure

NOAA announced today the temporary closure of the black sea bass recreational fishery in federal waters north of Cape Hatteras, N.C., for 180 days in response to recent landings data that showed recreational fishermen may catch more than double their annual quota by the end of the year. The closure will commence Monday, October 5, 2009.

Landings data and scientific analyses show recreational fishermen have reached their quota and could exceed their 1.14 million pound harvest limit by as much as 84 to 225 percent if the recreational fishery is not closed.

An independent body of federal and university scientists recently determined that the black sea bass stock has been rebuilt. However, both the scientists and the Science and Statistical Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council have cautioned against increasing fishing of this stock for several reasons, including the complex and poorly understood reproductive cycle, and limited information on life span and important habitats for this species. The Council recommends catch limits for black sea bass in federal waters.

NOAA understands and predicts changes in the Earth’s environment, from the depths of the ocean to the surface of the sun, and conserves and manages our coastal and marine resources.

ALL I CAN SAY IS ........................... WTF !!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 04:22 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Sea Bass Closure

Crapola is going to keep getting deeper and deeper my friends.. This is the beginning of their muscle flexing.... We can only wait and see what other moranic BS these poopheads will come up with!

Federal or state.... I will be fishing all winter long for them!! And they can use that as evidence but i WILL NOT GO DOWN, AND I WILL PRACTICE FILET AND RELEASE ON LEGAL FISH ONLY!!

EAT THAT NOAA... BRING IT ON BABY!! IM READY...
Old 09-30-2009, 04:24 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

and you wanna know what really tickles my arse.. is that if it was easy to get in the market to begin with we would continue to see it there!

was in shop rite the other night and a guy at the counter was asking when the fluke would be in...

SHE SAID TOMORROW!! WTF!!
Old 09-30-2009, 04:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Oh it's on!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71370107(2).jpg
Views:	167
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	16462  
Supporter SSFFF
Founder & President FGGF
Old 09-30-2009, 04:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Old 09-30-2009, 04:31 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Well guys it looks like, we should start writing emails to, yeah I know you have heard it before, the fine people that someone voted for??
Moaning about it does nothing, if you are with any group as RFA or any other group that has someone that lobbys for you start calling now dont wait.
But if your smart and have some cash handy, you can buy up some businesses that are going to bankrupt real soon, maybe thats NOAA's idea?
Old 09-30-2009, 04:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmark
Well guys it looks like, we should start writing emails to, yeah I know you have heard it before, the fine people that someone voted for??
Moaning about it does nothing, if you are with any group as RFA or any other group that has someone that lobbys for you start calling now dont wait.
But if your smart and have some cash handy, you can buy up some businesses that are going to bankrupt real soon, maybe thats NOAA's idea?
Mark, I agree that moaning does nothing and all hands need to get involved with the RFA, SSFFF etc but the someone voted fors have been from both parties since the 1980's and in 2001 they admitted the science is "Flawed". Its the extreme environmentalists, the use of the word "overfishing" and ALL politicians that have failed. WHY the hell is OUR (fishermens) money, 58 billion nationally NO GOOD???? The fight is FOR Fishing and spans everything. If this becomes a Demo vs Rep thing then all bets are off as whoever gets blamed, the other party will RELAX knowing they have our vote regardless of what they do or more importantly DONT DO
Old 09-30-2009, 04:48 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

You could fight city hall and win but a buraucrazy like noaa you can't even get their attention unless you want to meet them at the water cooler to discuss how hard they work. Noaa should get their weather forecasts right then maybe someone might actualy go fishing. Then again with fluke regs like NY's maybe the seabass did get fished harder.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

anyone ever think this was planned and thats why the fluke quota went higher? just a crazy thought! probably not true at all but a though! haha
Old 09-30-2009, 04:53 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Exclamation Re: Sea Bass Closure

"An independent body of federal and university scientists recently determined that the black sea bass stock has been rebuilt. However......"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????

Like I said, those commercial guys will anchor on those wrecks all winter long.

Same thing with the fluke..................this sux !