NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Suffern Show - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 02-27-2019, 11:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Suffern Show

Is anyone going to the Suffern show?
Old 02-28-2019, 08:23 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Default Re: Suffern Show

I hope to go Friday. I used to go every year to load up on diamond jigs but then I got bored with the whole scene and stopped going. Now I can't wait. I like the hawk display and the Shimano guys were very informative last year.

The weather always stinks for this show, snowy rainy cold and this year sounds no different.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:42 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I have never been, is it like the NJ sportsman show in edison that was a few weeks back?

I will head up there if its more about fishing
Old 02-28-2019, 09:30 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I'm heading up for a few hours after work today. Never been so it should be cool!
Old 02-28-2019, 10:39 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Lots of guides and lodges on one side, both hunting and fishing. Shops and manufacturers displays on the other side, mostly fishing. The "Worm Bar" sells soft plastic baits by the pound. They have a bass tank with good old boys showing off their techniques. The weekends get really crowded.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:43 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun King View Post
Lots of guides and lodges on one side, both hunting and fishing. Shops and manufacturers displays on the other side, mostly fishing. The "Worm Bar" sells soft plastic baits by the pound. They have a bass tank with good old boys showing off their techniques. The weekends get really crowded.
Any idea how good the "worm bar" soft plastics are? I might have to bring a truckload home with me if theyre decent
Old 02-28-2019, 11:19 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

If you've never been to the show, it's an event that caters to a wide variety of sportsmen and women and kids. Most of the vendors that are at other shows are there plus major manufacturers and outfitters. There are always a few "deals" to be found from some retailers. The Shimano booth displays their entire inventory of both fresh and saltwater equipment including their accessories. If you are interested in a vacation fishing trip especially to some of the northern regions of the world, or country, this is the place. It is crowded on the weekend but if you've never been to the show, and want to see the new products or get rid of your cabin fever, by all means go.

It is an outdoors show and not exclusively a fishing show so keep that in mind. If you live in northern New Jersey, it's not a long drive and the retailers at the show might be ones with which you are familiar.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:34 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Its mayhem. Lol
Old 03-01-2019, 09:13 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I'm heading up today it's the only show I enjoy but honestly it gets worse every year there's more people selling barbecue sauce pickles fish cakes socks and all sorts of other as seen on TV crap

There's a few good fishing vendors and somewhat decent deals just kind of gets me in for the spring fishing season
Old 03-01-2019, 09:36 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I went up last night, it was pretty cool! I think this was mentioned above, but if you're looking to book a fishing trip this is the show for you. Tons of lodges/guides/charters there.

I got some curlytail grubs from the worm bar for fluke fishing. Got some bucktails, an albie jig, a metal lipped swimmer, a buzzbait, some ned rig stuff, little bit of everything. Be careful though, some of the tackle vendors are advertising "show prices" that aren't any cheaper than what you'd buy in a store. That being said, i got a custom wooden metal lipped swimmer for striped bass for $10 and that was definitely a steal.

I was pretty happy with this show and enjoyed it much more than the last show i went to in Edison. It was cool to listen to some pro-fisherman talk about drop shotting techniques, and i talked to a bunch of different guides just picking their brains. Lots of knowledge under that roof.

There was also a decent amount of hunting stuff if you're into that.