NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Lets legalize freedom! - Page 6 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:08 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Lets legalize freedom!

Was out on my boat the summer before last.Fishing was pretty slow and we saw a skiff type boat chasing a big school of bunker.THe next thing we see is 2 more bigger boats coming and the skiff starts circling the school of bunker.Now they deploy a net that surrounds the bunker school and the bigger boat starts drawing the net in.After they get the net real close to the side another big boat comes alongside and puts a big vacum inside the net to suck all the bunker into the tanks.Could not believe the amount of bunker they caught with just 1 drop of the net.If they are doing this every day all day its a miracle that there are any bunker left.If you see any of them out there take the time to observe them for awhile.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:18 AM
NJFishing.com Member

That's what I'm talking about
Thanks
Joe
Panacure@aol.com
Old 03-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaty
Can anyone tell me the diffrence which takes more a trawler that takes 1000lbs of fluke or a party boat that takes a thousand pound of fluke. I have done alot of ling fishing this winter and i Have seen countless baskets of cleand ling if the trawler takes the same why is he the bad guy.

TRawler by catch sucks but so do we when we catch just as much.
It's simple. The trawler drags his net along the bottom causing a lot of destruction of habitat. Recreational anglers do not. There you go.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:35 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBird
It's simple. The trawler drags his net along the bottom causing a lot of destruction of habitat. Recreational anglers do not. There you go.
Also think of the economic end . How much money is spent Partyboat fishing versus Commercial Fishing . Though they are both important which is better for the Economy . Which creates more jobs ? Which does more damage ?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:52 PM

As the size of goverment increases personal liberty decreases ~ Thomas Jefferson