NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Walkarounds - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 09-06-2009, 02:38 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Re: Walkarounds

I have a 23 Mako walkaround and the cuddy is good for my family. I have 2 young boys and the cuddy has enough room to let them take a nap or use the porta potty. My wife take naps in the cuddy during times in the summer and she is 5'5. I'm 6 1 and the only problem I see with the boat is getting to the bow in bad conditions. Other then that, suits my family fine ( gas,slip,fishing). The boat is a 86 Mako and built like a tank with a 225 Evinrude. Take a few rides on different boats at boat shows and figure out what size you really need! HAve Fun Checking'em out!! Keith
Old 09-07-2009, 08:56 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

I run an 2000 Century 2300. The boat has a deep walkaround (a must with the kids) that allows for easy access all the way around to the bow(like M&J it can be tough in rough conditions). The rear deck area has ample room for 4 adults to fish pretty comfortably, and a bench that can be installed onto the transom for additional seating. The cabin has a sink, a porta potty, storage, and can be configured in a couple different ways to allow for a table or full bedding. I an 6' 3" and can lay comfortably in their with my wife, and son(and can sit up with hitting my head on the cabin). It runs a 225 Yamaha Saltwater Series 2, has long fuel range(135gal), and very good speed. I shopped for a W/A for about a year and I am completely happy as it perfectly fits my needs.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:23 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

I fish a 26 striper with twin 150 on a bracket and its perfect for the family and hardcore fishing with a full transom you don't get wet and has nice high gunnel's for family safety as far a the birth area not a weekender but very functional with a head and a place to lay down for a nap!
as far as C/C go not a big fan of due to the inability to get out of the weather should it ugly (and we all know it can change in a sec.) but they do offer alto more fishing room for more people. I usually fish 4 on my boat an its comfortable Hope this helps .........<*((()))>{
Old 09-07-2009, 09:14 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Well thought I would throw in my 2 cents... I have owned Cuddy's, (no w/a) Center Consoles an Run Abouts, my present boat is a Wellcraft 210 dual console. This is a GREAT DESIGN... More room than my center console (also a 22' boat) I have a bimini with a full incloseur to keep protected from rough seas and the newer version of my boat scrapped the intergated swim platform for even more room and added a pota-potti in the console. if not looking for a weekender I highly reccommend a dual console. fish 6 guys ez.... seats 8 comfortably and has all the gadgets in a center console live well, fish boxes, tackle tray, ect.
Monmouth Cove Marina, Port Monmouth, NJ