NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Dream Big - a Sad Day - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:45 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Dream Big - a Sad Day

Way too sad and way too soon.

Not only an amazing fisherman but just a great person as well. John was as nice as they came. I am fortunate to have shared the water with him and have always looked up to him for inspiration and advice. Even through the worst of it, John always remained positive and we would talk about getting back on the water together again soon.

RIP Big John! You showed us how to make the most of life while we can.
You will be missed...
Old 09-16-2012, 08:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

John was a good friend of mine.He is the with out a doubt the best fisherman that ever stepped foot on my charters.Master at jigging bar none!To all the family and friends my deepest sympathy.Big John was only 44 years old and taken from us way to soon.Life is short enjoy everyday of it.I will miss you big guy.

100 Ton Master
Semi Retired
Old 09-17-2012, 02:54 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Post Re: Dream Big - a Sad Day

R.i.p.john...you Will Be Missed.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:57 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I hope everyone on this site will take a moment to visit Juan Flores' web site which he titled "Dream Big." His web site is an impressive collection of photos and stories of jigging and popping for tuna and other giant gamefish. It truly brought tears to my eyes to see a video of a memorable overnight canyon trip we enjoyed together last year on 9-11 when I first met him.

However, much more important than the photos, videos & stories on his web site, is that powerful 2-word web site name that was his life's motto: "DREAM BIG."

Johnny Flores had big dreams, and he lived in a way that turned a great many of those dreams into reality as a father, a man, a fighter, and an angler. As some have mentioned, he was as skilled, passionate, and dedicated as any angler you will ever find.

I know the "Dream Big" motto will be a mantra I will incorporate into my my life and all of my future angling pursuits as a living legacy to him. Amazingly, even at this sorrowful time, those 2 words juxtaposed together can still hold boundless optimism, hope and joy for me and others.

Thank you, Juan for your life and spirit. You have proved to me once again, that our time on this earth is temperal, but we can still leave an indelible mark during the short time we are here. I hope your family and friends can find some comfort from the memory of their better and happier times during your stay.

"May The 4 Winds Blow You Safely Home ..."

http://jflores-fishing.com/

- Gr8ful
Old 09-17-2012, 06:31 PM
NJFishing.com Member

I talked with the family and they asked that I post the arrangements To all interested in attending:
Arrangements are as follows:
Dancy Funeral Home on Smull Avenue in Caldwell on Weds, Sept. 19th. 4pm-9pm. Funeral mass on Thurs, 10 a.m. September 20th,
at St. Aloysious RC Church Bloomfield Ave, Caldwell. Donations in John's memory to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

also following is a link to John's facebook page please feel free to add photos and share memories:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=2dabefb7fc
Old 09-17-2012, 10:01 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Didn't know the man personally, but always enjoyed his posts.
May John rest in peace...
Old 09-17-2012, 11:47 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talked to John here on PM for awhile and then finally got to fish with him on a trip with Capt Rich. he was def one of the nicest guys I ever met on the water. and could beat a tuna like no one I have ever seen ,

was very willing to share information and tactics so everyone could catch more fish.
he will be greatly missed by many, and im sure right now he is fighting a tuna, amongst more of our friends who were also taken before their time

RIP John

/

Fifty pound + , Striped Bass live release club