NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Here comes Irma - Page 3 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Here comes Irma

Steve i hope all is well and the family is safe.

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Glad everyone made out ok.
My in laws from Naples came up to NJ. They are itching to get home. I know some areas were hit bad and other parts not so much or at all.
Problem is they are 75 years old and have no contacts there to get real time info from. Power I assume is still out as I try to call the complex and it's either busy or goes straight to a voice mail.
Call the town of Naples and they say they don't know but don't expect power until the 22 nd.
Anyone here from Naples?
They are on Vanderbuilt beach road in the Islandwalk complex if anyone can pass by
Thx.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:15 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Dave View Post
Glad everyone made out ok.
My in laws from Naples came up to NJ. They are itching to get home. I know some areas were hit bad and other parts not so much or at all.
Problem is they are 75 years old and have no contacts there to get real time info from. Power I assume is still out as I try to call the complex and it's either busy or goes straight to a voice mail.
Call the town of Naples and they say they don't know but don't expect power until the 22 nd.
Anyone here from Naples?
They are on Vanderbuilt beach road in the Islandwalk complex if anyone can pass by
Thx.
Dave. The area is getting power back more each day. The traffic lights from well north of Bonita beach road to at least Immoklee are working today. I haven't been much further south yet. Gas stations are opening and the lines around me are 5-10 minutes. Its reg gas only.

Your in laws will know the area of the Dunes complex towers on Vanderbilt and just north of 111th they are full power. The 711 at 108th is open with gas. Sams on airport pulling is open for gas. Not sure about the store itself. Walmarts are opening up with limited produce and meats.

The FPL response has been by the 22nd. We are off old 41 at the PO in Bonita springs and we are one day from power. They did turn it on but something popped in the area today.

Restaurants are beginning to open.

Cell service and internet are very spotty at times.

There is a lot of clean up yet to happen. Lots of greenery is destroyed. Damage to property and homes.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltfisherman View Post
Dave. The area is getting power back more each day. The traffic lights from well north of Bonita beach road to at least Immoklee are working today. I haven't been much further south yet. Gas stations are opening and the lines around me are 5-10 minutes. Its reg gas only.

Your in laws will know the area of the Dunes complex towers on Vanderbilt and just north of 111th they are full power. The 711 at 108th is open with gas. Sams on airport pulling is open for gas. Not sure about the store itself. Walmarts are opening up with limited produce and meats.

The FPL response has been by the 22nd. We are off old 41 at the PO in Bonita springs and we are one day from power. They did turn it on but something popped in the area today.

Restaurants are beginning to open.

Cell service and internet are very spotty at times.

There is a lot of clean up yet to happen. Lots of greenery is destroyed. Damage to property and homes.
Thanks a lot salt.
They got a call today of power restored in the complex.
The plan is to head back on Sat. My daughter will be with them for the ride.
Hope you made out okay.
I'll be down in Feb or March, I'll drop you a line to meet up for a beer and mabey a few casts.
Best to you and your family.
Thanks again!!!
Old 09-14-2017, 09:33 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Dave View Post
Thanks a lot salt.
They got a call today of power restored in the complex.
The plan is to head back on Sat. My daughter will be with them for the ride.
Hope you made out okay.
I'll be down in Feb or March, I'll drop you a line to meet up for a beer and mabey a few casts.
Best to you and your family.
Thanks again!!!
Dave, your welcome. Safe trip to them making their way home.

It's been quite a life experience as well as experienced shelter life for couple days. We did very well. One area rug was lost due to water seepage from floor at slab. Home was an island. It could have been so much worse with water damage. We got lucky as heck. This is twice in two weeks the home has had water right up to it. We rent, yes. So we'll be moving once lease is up. Won't be leaving ourselves in a place that we know has issues.

Tom
Old 09-14-2017, 09:50 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sometimes the high NJ taxes and two foot snow storms get to me but living thru tropical storms and hurricanes is not my cup of tea.
I guess it's all relevant
Old 09-16-2017, 08:44 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

As of Saturday morning still no power for me. Genny running 24/7. All are safe and sound but I'd like to stop living like Daniel boon.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:16 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Steve, no power here yet either. It's Monday 18th, we are being told the 21st.

Running the generator now 24hrs. Bought a small AC window unit to cool off bedroom. 5000BTU sized.

Add to that my wife and I are both sick. Cold, bronchitis and ear infections. Oh fun fun fun.