NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

What would you do? - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:48 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default What would you do?

So a few weeks ago I posted on Face Book that I would accept any bet on the Devils/Rangers series. I said I like the Devils to win the series, so I had 4 people contact me and they took the bet. 2 of them bet me $1000 and 2 other people bet me $500 then after the Devils lose game 1 I had another person ask if I was still taking bets? I said sure, and he bet me $1000. Since then I have been paid by everyone except the guy who bet me after the Rangers were leading the series. I have mutual friends on Face Book and haven't done much since then. He has given me every excuse from he sent a check (which I never got) to his bank account was hacked! I realize I will never see this money but what would you guys do in this situation? Do I contact mutual friends and let them know about him or just forget it and not waste any time? His phone is disconnected and he won't respond to my messages. I live in NJ and he lives in TX. Should I have fun with this clown?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:46 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: What would you do?

yea, I'm thinking the same thing!!
Old 06-27-2012, 08:03 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Forget Em.. Dont waste ya time.. He got you.. Next time you get him..

If it was for more id be taking a plane ride down to TX

JC

RFA

Instagram - salt_life1985

Team F.O.M.F.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:13 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAT GUY
So a few weeks ago I posted on Face Book that I would accept any bet on the Devils/Rangers series. I said I like the Devils to win the series, so I had 4 people contact me and they took the bet. 2 of them bet me $1000 and 2 other people bet me $500 then after the Devils lose game 1 I had another person ask if I was still taking bets? I said sure, and he bet me $1000. Since then I have been paid by everyone except the guy who bet me after the Rangers were leading the series. I have mutual friends on Face Book and haven't done much since then. He has given me every excuse from he sent a check (which I never got) to his bank account was hacked! I realize I will never see this money but what would you guys do in this situation? Do I contact mutual friends and let them know about him or just forget it and not waste any time? His phone is disconnected and he won't respond to my messages. I live in NJ and he lives in TX. Should I have fun with this clown?

what happened to Mako Mania? I was left high and dry. did you fish it?
Old 06-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Site Moderator

Stay after that texas hillbilly azz - get your money.

Dollars to doughnuts he'd be doing the same if the shytrags had won (as is HA HA HA).

What happened to men being men and 'you're only as good as your word'???
NJ DEVILS
Old 06-28-2012, 05:13 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I appreciate all of the comments guys. Just to update what's going on I have friends in low places and have a crazy following since I've owned a few internet forums. These guys are like worshipers and they will not stop. I contacted 1 of the loyal guys and he spread the word. Long story short the hill billy received 721 friend requests yesterday on FB and over 600 messages. He contacted me last night and wants me to call off the hounds. Now we have a deal worked out, funny how fast things change. Social media attack worked. As for the shark tourney I didn't fish it I was pre occupied with another trip. I'm going to take a trip next week though and have 2 spots open. Posted it on my FB page and no responses yet so if you want to get in on a no expense trip to one of the canyons, message me. I'm fishing everyday next Monday through the following Saturday!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Money is money, and a bet's a bet. If you win, get paid. If you lose, pay up. I say he should get a lil something "extra" for the runaround you got...