NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2016-2017 nhl season..... - Page 23 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:52 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: 2016-2017 nhl season.....

Cheers to Grabner for taking over for what we expected from Nash... I think Nash should share some of his salary too!!!

Hank has found his groove and ANOTHER 2 PTS!!

Habs almost succumbed to lowly Coyotes last night Bill...

Hi-Mar tomorrow fellows!!

Just finished a new Freshwater Rod

Old 02-10-2017, 10:13 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

sweet stick split!!! yes we hung on for 2 and i'll take it.jt and klein and grabby did ok last night.some great passing for sure.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:09 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

All 4 lines are doing well now..... big problem coming down the stretch is DEFENSE!!! Need to unload Girardi on the right side but could be difficult with his age, salary and probably no trade clause...possibly Shattenkirk but I'm sure we'd have to sweeten the deal with another player or upcoming player who we really don't want to trade away... we really need to find some obscure player, who will fit right into that slot and be able to get the job done, and with little cap hit!! Should be interesting!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
Old 02-10-2017, 04:29 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Split,

That NYR custom rods looks great! Almost makes me want to become a Blueshirts fan---NOT! Seriously, they're playing some nice hockey lately.
How much would you charge me to wrap a rod with the "CH" on it?

Habs look just awful lately, losing to the league worst Av's 4-0. Shut out in two straight games. Last night, a 2-0 lead turns into a 3-2 deficit in just three minutes, as Carey Price does his best Henrik Lundquist impression from Jan.Luckily, Chucky wins it in OT as Max Pat has a 4 point night, but Price is not playing at all like an All-Star goalie this season. Is his knee hurt again?

No excuses but Habs have lost 171 man games to injuries with 18 players spending time out of the lineup---Caps lost only 19 man games with 6 players.

Biggest thing this team lacks is a true center---Galchenyuk (2 G in last 13),
Plekanec (1 G in last 11), Danault (1 G in last 12), Mitchell (2 G in last 44), and David Desharnais, Michel T's favorite boy (1 G in his last 12). It's gotten so bad that Habs fans are saying "The only DD's they want to see in Montreal are at the Chez Paree strip club off St. Catherine Street.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:55 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Habs lose again (1 win in their last 6), Blues win 4 in a row and 5 out of 6 since coaching change. Losing to Jake Allen??? Wasn't this guy almost jettisoned last month? It didn't help that career backup Al Montoya lost an edge on the first goal. And worse...Blueshirts win again by the same 4-2 score tonight.

Now they travel to Boston tomorrow (Bruins also hot since firing Claude Julien).
Their four day mandatory break can't come soon enough...fire Therrien now!!
Old 02-11-2017, 10:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Split Shot,

Great meeting you today at the Hi Mar flea market!

Mazel Tov to Henrik Lundquist on his 400th career win, the 12th goalie to reach that plateau. Also the first European goalie, and the fastest to reach 400 wins!!

Kudos to Ottawa netminder Craig Anderson on the shutout in his first game back since Dec, as he took time away to help his wife who is battling cancer.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:21 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Even though the Rangers came out like gangbusters in the 1st last night (and still could only sink 1 goal), forgot to show up for the 2nd period, they came back to play strong in the 3rd, sweep the 4 game homestand, get another 2pts, and finally get the big 400th win for Hank!! Yayyyyyy!!

Again, they make 30th place Colorado, look better then their stats show

Really good to see Klein get his offense going last night cause that's been missing all season and could really help in this final stretch.... anyway, I went to bed a happy camper!!

Vegas is talking to all the recently fired coaches, and I think they've already eliminated Ken Hitchcock, but might be interested in Julien or Capuano They're looking for an experienced NHL coach at this point... I hate the rule that teams have to give up a player when there's a new team joining the league... I say if you want to start a team, then build it from scratch!! Just my view

And absolutely Great finally meeting you Bill.... we'll have to have a playoff party in the Spring!!

If any of you guys are coming to any of these upcoming shows, I'll be there. Helping my neighbor sell his custom plugs at Surf Day, this Saturday, then the Berkeley and Asbury Park shows, and then finally helping Kevin selling his Rods at the Somerset Show.. Come by and say "Hi"

Old 02-12-2017, 10:28 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Split,

Playoffs? What playoffs? I hope I'm invited for a playoff party to watch the Blueshirts. The blue/blanc/rouge are unwatchable. Lost 6 of their last 7 games.

0 for 6 on the PP as they're shut out for the third time in the last 5 games.
Montreal defense had more turnovers than Entenmann's!
Old 02-13-2017, 06:51 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

KUKUBABY FISHING TEAM

EST. 1995
Old 02-13-2017, 07:21 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

geez Bill,you sound like a blue shirt fan.{lol}glad we got the points but we still need focus.playing 2/3rds of a game won't cut it play off time.