NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

PB walleye. For eddie - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 06-11-2019, 10:19 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default PB walleye. For eddie

Been hitting the d pretty frequently but not really catching post worthy fish. Lotsa rock bass, a few smallies, even a lone bullhead. As for walleye, been catching mostly shorts, 1 or 2 a trip. Well I went out sat night after doing family stuff all day. Actually got out later than I wanted to but you fish when you can. Got to my spot at about 10 PM. Started throwing a white crank bait. ( husky jerk is my go to lure but lost them all over previous trips and haven't replenished them yet). Fished up and down my favorite section of river with only a bunch of rock bass landed. Decided to switch it up and started throwing a shadow rap. Figured a bigger profile lure would get some bigger fish to hit. Fished for a while and was able to get a decent smallie but no walleye love. Was working my way back to where I started and contemplating hitting up another spot. Literally last cast and bam. Hooked into a beast. Would have thought I snagged bottom but I could feel the tail kicks through the rod. Thinking this is a big fish. Fish stayed down and I'm working it towards me against the current. Thinking it's a striper the way it's acting. After what seems like an eternity , actually a couple of minutes fish is up top and I can see it's a walleye. Fish is still a little way out and I'm praying it doesn't pop off. Finally get it near shore and it's still full of energy and thrashing around. Would have been great to have a net, but I left it on a rock 30 feet away. Instead of risking working the fish over to the net, I opted to try to beach it. I grabbed the line and try to lift /drag the fish onto shore. This is the first time I actually felt the weight of this fish and I knew it was my new pb. Only problem was he wasn't mine yet. Fish popped of as I beached it but it was on dry land. Fish is flipping around and I'm playing goalie trying to keep him on land. Finally able to grab him and whoo hoo. My adrenalin is pumping. Walk over to put him on a stringer and run into Dakota ( I think). He takes a quick pick and I put my fish on a stringer. Get back to fishing and next cast nail a 17 incher. Next cast after that nail a 14/15 in her. 3 walleye in three casts. Insane, then nothing for the rest of the night. I did catch a rock and lost my new favorite lure. Called it a night at about 12:30. Fish taped out at 24 and a half inches and weighed 5.57 lbs after being bleed and being on ice all the next day. New PB but I hope it doesn't last long.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:20 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: PB walleye. For eddie

Pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190609_164922.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	134384  
Old 06-12-2019, 06:16 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

That's a BIG river eye!
Does it almost feel like walleye travel back and forth along the banks of the Delaware at night looking for food?
You spend hours casting around and all of the sudden, they start biting then stop..
Old 06-12-2019, 07:48 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudCat08 View Post
That's a BIG river eye!
Does it almost feel like walleye travel back and forth along the banks of the Delaware at night looking for food?
You spend hours casting around and all of the sudden, they start biting then stop..
That's just walleye. Some days its chicken; some days its feathers.

Nice fish ALS! Hope it was the same 2500 Sedona!
Old 06-12-2019, 09:07 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Love big river eye reports! Congrats Steve!

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216
Old 06-12-2019, 09:18 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigman13 View Post
That's just walleye. Some days its chicken; some days its feathers.

Nice fish ALS! Hope it was the same 2500 Sedona!
Actually on the symetre😉
Old 06-12-2019, 09:30 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: PB walleye. For eddie

That’s a beautiful fish Steve! Congrats on landing that beast on the muddy banks of the Delaware. No easy task that’s for sure. Congrats on the PB! Save a few for me! Lol!!!
Old 06-12-2019, 12:22 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Eddie you were right, That walleye got A.L.Smako! great fish man. Cool to get three back to back too
Old 06-12-2019, 04:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: PB walleye. For eddie

WOW !! Congrats on the new PB walleye ! There is another photo of you holding the fish floating around the internet, I can post it if I can find it.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:33 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
WOW !! Congrats on the new PB walleye ! There is another photo of you holding the fish floating around the internet, I can post it if I can find it.
All good. Feel free to post. Thanks andy