NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

striper contest on the cong - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-13-2020, 06:18 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default striper contest on the cong

my son and i fished the club striper contest this weekend.we left the dock at 5am saturday and headed west.we anchored up and had baits in the water at 5:30 and fish on at 5:31.it was a 3lber that was quickly released as we knew it would take something twice that size to place.we picked away at white perch,
bullheads,smallmouth and crappie for about two hours when my son gets the hit
we were looking for.after a good battle we landed a 6lb 4 oz striper.we fished till
10am and headed in to check in our fish.we headed back out around 6pm and got soaked to bone in the first 10 minute but the bite was great right after the rain stopped catching perch,smallies,bulleheads,walleye.my son caught 3 more stripers but none over the 6-4 mark and were released.we rapped it up at 9:30pm and headed in with my son cathing 5 stripers and i had zero saturday.
sunday we we leave the dock at 4:30am and head to a new area in hope of finding some bigger fish as the leader is a 7 plus.we start the fisrt drift and
my bait gets crushed right away.10 minutes later we land a good 6 plus and for me the skunk is of.thirty minutes later my son gets a 5lber and i miss one.we run up again to that same drift and my son hooks up with another good one right away.we are starting to think we made a good choice when all of the sudden we have stripers busting all around the boat.they are eating everything and three rods go off at once.i miss one and my son is trying to fight two.he loses one and hands me the empty rod and as i go to clear it i
get crushed and now we have two on again.we get them both to the net and they would end up being 2nd place for me and 3rd place for me son.thank God we were all alone because if someone would have filmed it they would have made 1st place on "worlds funniest videos" for sure.we stayed and caught a few more smaller one and headed in at 10:30 as the boat traffic was getting
ugly.all and all a great weekend with my son on the lake.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:34 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: striper contest on the cong

Sounds like a great time! At least you kicked some ass too, that weather was rough. Congrats to you & your son!! 2nd & 3rd isn't too shabby!
Old 07-13-2020, 07:34 AM
Site Sponsor

Very nice work eddie sr and eddie jr👍👍👍
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 07-13-2020, 07:22 PM
dakota560

Great job Eddie. Awesome write up. Those fish are possessed, can't imagine having 3 or 4 on at the same time. Sounds like a few great days on the water with your son (priceless) and the 2nd and 3rd place finish are icing on the cake. Congrats!
Old 07-13-2020, 07:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

team mackin is on em again congrats to the both of you from the sounds of it you earned it. I told your son that i should be the cameraman in the boat next year we could have made a hell of a profit from the film, just the rain and the over the shoulder fish fight would have been enough film footage to make a vid worth watching congrats once again guys
Old 07-13-2020, 09:00 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Great job senior and junior. No need for a camera Badger just a recording would be hysterical. I'm sure junior went high pitch a few times. Nice size fish too.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:46 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: striper contest on the cong

Team Mackin strikes again! Well done guys. I can imagine the madness in my head. Those crazy Hybrids are fun and difficult and a good time. Lol! Congrats on your he greet fishing and being in the top 3. Best father and son team in NJ!!!
Old 07-14-2020, 07:42 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sweet! Congrats and sounds great
Old 07-14-2020, 02:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

thanks for all the kind words.i'm still laughing about it.