NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

GAMBLER --Canyon Report and Striped Bass Trips - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 12-01-2022, 02:10 PM
Site Sponsor

Default GAMBLER --Canyon Report and Striped Bass Trips

Gambler finished one last Canyon Tuna trip, returning to the dock Tuesday night.

I saw a good satellite temp shot around the Tom's canyon and we headed for that. Weather was great. When I reached the Tom's, I could see that the eddy had moved on. So we travelled down south and found the 3 degree break had wound up at the Carteret Canyon, where we set-up around 3AM. During the night, we released a pup and played with some blue dogs.

Nothing until around 9AM and then we had 4 fish on all at once. We landed 3 out of 4 longfin. But, unfortunately, no more bites. I picked up the anchor by 11 and put her on a drift in 1200 ft for an hour and tried a pot bouy. Nobody home, even though the surface temp was 62.

I then tried a drift over a wreck in 300 feet, hoping for bluefin or pollock but that was not lively either. Great weather --but not the fishing that we had hoped for. Great bunch of hard fishing, patient guys.

Last year, our final trip was in December and despite cold and dreary conditions, we caught yellowfin and longfin. So it was worth a try.

Looking forward to tomorrow stripers. Saturday weather does not look good.

Trips are sailing at reduced capacity for your comfort

We have state issued bonus tags on board --keep and extra striper 24"-28"

Heated cabin with hot-food galley

Book on-line or show-up at the dock --if we are not fully booked, we will gladly get you on-board
http://www.gamblerfishing.net
captbogan@aol.com
732-295-7569
Old 12-01-2022, 06:16 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: GAMBLER --Canyon Report and Striped Bass Trips

Great job Bobby, been on many trips with you into December and did well. You don't know if you don't try. Well done. Glad you got it in.