NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

best kept secret in point pleasant - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Site Sponsor

Default best kept secret in point pleasant

gerry, i hope this is ok, i dont see any other sponsors

for the past year jimmy, dave "real seat" and i have been taking our catch to the "ark" restaurant on 35 north in point, near bay head. for $12.95 they include cooking your fish anyway you wish, salad, and soup.

i can honestly say it is some of the best meals i have ever had, and the service is outstanding, as is the atmosphere. both tony and brother danny are there and danny runs a dive boat and tony fishes.

we have had tuna, sushi, swordfish, fluke, rosefish, tilefish, striper, wreckfish, and wahoo. if you have a nice catch and are too tired, or lazy like me, go down to the ark, it's well worth the trip..

i hope this doesn't offend anyone, if it does, there was no intent.

Captain Ryan Britt, Keegan Froschauer and Kevin Gerrity
www.jennyleesportfishing.com
info@jennyleesportfishing.com
732-995-7879

Old 07-12-2012, 03:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: best kept secret in point pleasant

I go to the Ark all the time. Thats a great deal.

Great food and bar!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:45 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Never been, if I ever get the opportunity, I'll give it a try. Usually too covered with fish crap and blood to go out to eat after a trip.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:16 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Tony and Danny owned restaurant/bar around the corner from me in cranford for many years before going south. Use to love going in have a beer and meal and talk fishing with Tony as he is a very accomplished angler and knows his stuff. My loss is your guys gain. Will need to make a trip down south and drop in. Thanks for the heads up

Alex
MVP
Old 07-13-2012, 11:13 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thanks for the tip. I love having my catch cooked up fresh.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Dark Ark right in my backyard... great comfort food and tap beers...

Now I gotta bring my catch there...good post
Supporter SSFFF
Founder & President FGGF
Old 07-17-2012, 03:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

i did a clamjuice jager bomb there ask Davetats

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 07-23-2012, 03:52 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny lee sportfishing
gerry, i hope this is ok, i dont see any other sponsors

for the past year jimmy, dave "real seat" and i have been taking our catch to the "ark" restaurant on 35 north in point, near bay head. for $12.95 they include cooking your fish anyway you wish, salad, and soup.

i can honestly say it is some of the best meals i have ever had, and the service is outstanding, as is the atmosphere. both tony and brother danny are there and danny runs a dive boat and tony fishes.

we have had tuna, sushi, swordfish, fluke, rosefish, tilefish, striper, wreckfish, and wahoo. if you have a nice catch and are too tired, or lazy like me, go down to the ark, it's well worth the trip..

i hope this doesn't offend anyone, if it does, there was no intent.
Just be very wary. Tony is a straight up guy but Danny has a real attitude at times. If you going to give the brothers all this praise then I should be allowed to shed some light on their chinked armor. I was an Antone's regular(the bar they previously owned in Cranford, NJ). It was a dive at first that was inherited as a family business. Slowly after years of begging they started to get in more micro-brews and the business started to take off. Then they started to cook some nice meals and that's when it really became successful. So it was the 4th of July and my wife and another couple go there for an early dinner. Keep in mind that the 4th in Cranford is like a ghost town. We place our order and I tell the waitress that I would like a cup of soup rather then the salad that they give you. It was usually a cheap salad anyway not much on it, hot house tomatoes etc. The waitress says to me that I can't sub out the salad for a soup, that it's an extra charge. I explained to her that it was never a problem in the past and that I am a regular and both Danny and Tony know me. She says she will bring me the cup of soup and will wait until Danny gets there in an hour to discuss it with him and I said no problem. Well Danny(Mr.Personality) gets in talks to the waitress and comes over to my table and says: SOUP IS SOUP SALAD IS SALAD your going to pay for the soup. I asked him what was wrong because this never was a problem before and he just ignored me. So I told him he should stop tripping over his dollars to pick-up his pennies. With that I paid the check, left no tip and never went back there again.

Tony, on the other hand was a pretty stand -up guy. Through a mutual fishing friend he told me to come in anytime he was working and that I could have soup instead of salad anytime. I liked Tony and know he's a good fisherman. I just couldn't rationalize going in there anymore and spending money because his brother Danny owned half. I am sure The Ark has good food and is a good establishment. Just realize, unlike me that sometimes you are just a customer and if someone is in a pissy mood you might be less.