NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Anchor and buoy - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 10-01-2017, 10:52 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Default Anchor and buoy

Out no the seagirt reef yesterday got real bad had to leave my anchor tied to a buoy just wondering if somebody could unstick it and possibly email me that they have it and I will pick it up I was on the Bob isles Rockpile
Thank you to all I would really appreciate it
Adimino@comcast.net
Old 10-01-2017, 12:31 PM
Banned

Default Re: Anchor and buoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea hunt bob View Post
Bob isles Rockpile

Adimino@comcast.net
wtf?
Old 10-01-2017, 08:06 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

someone gonna be pissed when it end up in their prop , but if you had to get to safety then , u had to do what u had to do
Old 10-02-2017, 10:12 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Why not get it yourself?

Quote:
Out no the seagirt reef yesterday got real bad had to leave my anchor tied to a buoy just wondering if somebody could unstick it and possibly email me that they have it and I will pick it up I was on the Bob isles Rockpile
Thank you to all I would really appreciate it
Adimino@comcast.net
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 10-02-2017, 10:32 AM
NJFishing.com Member

If it’s still there Wednesday afternoon I will just looking for little help didn’t realize it was gonna be that much of a problem.
A lot of people on his form seem to be really good with helping out like I said just looking for little help. Thanks
Old 10-02-2017, 07:30 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Why don't u get a diver to get anchor ? Should have rigged with breakaway anchor line to allow reverse pull !
It's a hazard for other vessels prop wrap ur line ! Couldn't float it up with ball?
Sometimes different pull angles release anchor .
Old 10-03-2017, 07:21 AM
NJFishing.com Member

Yes I know I did try for about 20 minutes to unstick it it is a wreck anchor chain on the bottom wire tie up top conditions got really bad waves were 4 to 6 easily could’ve just said screw it and cut it and let the rope go but trying to do the right thing. No worries if it’s there Wednesday I will get it thanks for the help.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:24 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Hey Bob
At first glance at your post it does seem a little odd to ask for someone to unstick your anchor.

But after reading your responses you seem like the type of person that would do it for someone else no questions asked.

I too was in that shit weather sat and someone helped me out as well.

If I was rolling thru there id give it a pull for you. But im not before this weekend Nice that you tied it to a bouy though.

When I thanked the guy that helped me Sat, his respones was simple. "Fishermen stick together" .

Can never have enough good Karma on the water.

good luck w your anchor
Old 10-03-2017, 10:28 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sometimes you have to just cut it and let it go. A diver will cost you much more that the thing is worth.

Also trying to forcibly tear it out could be dangerous even in the calmest of conditions. Read up on the 4 NFL'ers that went out in Florida and 3 of 4 were dead in 24 hours about 7-8 years ago.

They swamped and capsized their boat trying to free a stuck anchor using the engine to tear it out of the bottom.

Sometime you lose them. We all do.

Why did you have a chain on wreck anchor? Kind of frustrated the bend free-up design of it.

Quote:
Yes I know I did try for about 20 minutes to unstick it it is a wreck anchor chain on the bottom wire tie up top conditions got really bad waves were 4 to 6 easily could’ve just said screw it and cut it and let the rope go but trying to do the right thing. No worries if it’s there Wednesday I will get it thanks for the help.
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 10-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Frank View Post
Sometimes you have to just cut it and let it go. A diver will cost you much more that the thing is worth.

Also trying to forcibly tear it out could be dangerous even in the calmest of conditions. Read up on the 4 NFL'ers that went out in Florida and 3 of 4 were dead in 24 hours about 7-8 years ago.

They swamped and capsized their boat trying to free a stuck anchor using the engine to tear it out of the bottom.

Sometime you lose them. We all do.
Yes good advice Frank... If you are going to try and free it, what you don't want to do is try to do it in a rough ocean, and you certainly don't want to tie to off your back cleat. If the anchor doesn't pop your stern is going to drop and you could get swamped.. You want to tie it off a a cleat to use the front cleat since you have more freeboard up front then you do in the back....

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area