NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

2015 3rd Annual Hybrid Meet&Greet....... - Page 14 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Best Of
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Best Of This board will be locked from posting and will be used to archive the best posts from the main board.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:28 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Hybrid M&G wrap up

Met up with Chrisper at my boat moored in woodport @ 0600 in the pitch dark air temperature was 31 degrees.

Ice had formed on all the docks and planks which made it treacherous to unbutton the boat. Finally got the main turned over after 3 attempts (she was cranky being asked to wake up in the freezing cold) and made our way to main lake. The fog had ice pellets in it and it was like we were being sand blasted while cruising down the lake. We were dressed for ice fishing and were still freezing our a$$es off.

We stopped by Dows to grab some bait and were met with the Polish Navy leaving port (4 rental boats loaded with 3 a piece). Chatted up with Laurie and Joe and they mentioned the liver bite had died off. Hearing that we bought some herring and after loading up we were like do we want to go straight to the spot or swing by Lee's and see what was going on.

Mistake #1 - We went to Lee's to see what was going on. Tied up and met YumasDad and Duck or Bleed and spent about 15 minutes BSing and sharing fishing tales. In the meantime some boats headed out and I was getting nervous about our spot. We headed out from Lees and sure enough 3 boats already on the spot.

Mistake #2 - Not wanting to fish like we were on a fluking party boat down the shore we ran around the lake all morning hitting a bunch of spots. We marked a ton of bait and fish but couldn't buy a bite. We even chased herring around that were breaking on the surface like they were being chased. Finally decided to crash the banks and Chrisper landed a monster pickerel.

Got a text from Jigman saying they were killing them on the spot we wanted to hit originally. GRRR

Mistake #3 - Figuring that we missed the action tried one more spot in the main lake for a bit. Again marking fishing but couldn't get one to commit. We looked over to the "spot" and were like how many boats are over there 3,4,5???? Decided to cruise on over and witnessed a full on NJF orgy. I lost count but well over 7 boats all within casting distance of each other pulling up hybrids and white perch left and right on .........yup you guessed it Chicken Livers!!! Eddie was nice enough to offer us a picture with his hybrids but we declined.

Everyone took off around noon. Chrisper and I stuck around until 4pm and jigged up some crappie and a nice 19" hybrid.

Pretty frustrating day but had a great time fishing with Chrisper and meeting some of the NJF crew!

At least I know what not to do next year!
Old 11-02-2015, 03:31 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk City View Post
Bad idea using the 7'6" Medium Light, my shoulder is sore as sh*t today!
Gladly trade you the sore shoulder for my day of fishing....Good work!
Old 11-02-2015, 03:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Hybrid M&G wrap up

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Great replies on this thread. Next time you see the NJF floatilla just stick your boat in the middle of the others and anchor up. It was complete mayhem out there. Myself, Ken and Wilson dared to be different as well. We marked a bunch of fish from here to there but they just weren't chewing. Chummed a bunch of spots and only came up with panfish and a short Eye. Livers were King of the Lake on this day. Those Herring just couldn't measure up to the stank of 65 gallons of nice fresh LIVERS!!! I'm starting to think every BRID in the lake was at that spot Saturday. It was unreal! The NJF community welcomes you with open arms. Hooks in anchor lines, boats bumping eachother, livers flying from one boat to the next, turkey sammiches and beers at your request! It was a day that I'll never forget! Good catching was had by most! Hope to see all you MANIACS again soon!

TIGHT LINEZ!!!!
Old 11-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Old Soft Salt

@ NJSquatch....You know they had to be thick in there if I caught some
And as far as 7 boats being in casting distance well I just dropped straight down to the bottom and reeled up 2 feet like my grandfather taught me 50 years ago... and waited. Low tech fishing at it's best. The fish TV on KKritch's boat had the same show on the whole time... fish, fish and more fish.
The difference was these fish were biting
Old 11-02-2015, 11:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I still can't get over the insanity!!! Although it is a little harder when we to do it in the boats but we always try to get together and fish as the "CREW" for a while during our meet and greets as everybody is usually searching or catching fish.
This time we were playing bumper boats and all bailing fish.
The beautiful weather was a bonus!
It's always a good time when we get together and it makes me wonder why more of our members especially the newer ones don't come to these events!
You will usually learn more at one of these then you would in months of trying to figure it out on your own.
They are almost like on the water seminars LMAO!

We are a "family" and that's what makes this site so great!
No more excuses so Get your Azzes OUT THERE!
There is plenty of great fishing to be had before the year is up!

I just wanted to thank Jimmy as well he does a lot of the leg work as well behind the scenes to help get the Hybrid M&G going! Thanks Buddy!

If there was one thing I wish I would have done it was to move a little deeper as we were fishing in about 20ft and they seemed to be a little bit deeper.

NJF ALL DAY!!! EVERY DAY!!!!

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS