NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

New climate change task force being formed - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Default Re: New climate change task force being formed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tautog View Post
How many cars were there from 950 to 1150 AD which was warmer than today?
Zactlt!!! Not to mention taxing people to death does not change the climate cycles of our planet
Old 10-16-2014, 10:25 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by dales529 View Post
First off a "task force" should be created to study the negative impact NOAA has on our fisheries forget about Climate change!

As far the politicians BS from both sides we are forgetting about just the science. Arguments will go on till we are dead about "Man Made" or natural phenomenon and government spending waste. The only real argument and quoted by non -bias scientists is that:

From National Geographic:
So far, the results have been positively chilling. When President Taft created Glacier National Park in 1910, it was home to an estimated 150 glaciers. Since then the number has decreased to fewer than 30, and most of those remaining have shrunk in area by two-thirds. Fagre predicts that within 30 years most if not all of the park's namesake glaciers will disappear.

Things that normally happen in geologic time are happening during the span of a human lifetime. Scientists who assess the planet's health see indisputable evidence that Earth has been getting warmer, in some cases rapidly. Some believe that human activity, in particular the burning of fossil fuels and the resulting buildup of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, have influenced this warming trend. In the past decade scientists have documented record-high average annual surface temperatures and have been observing other signs of change all over the planet: in the distribution of ice, and in the salinity, levels, and temperatures of the oceans.

"This glacier used to be closer," Fagre declares as we crest a steep section, his glasses fogged from exertion. He's only half joking. A trailside sign notes that since 1901, Sperry Glacier has shrunk from more than 800 acres (320 hectares) to 300 acres (120 hectares). "That's out of date," Fagre says, stopping to catch his breath. "It's now less than 250 acres (100 hectares)."

Everywhere on Earth ice is changing. The famed snows of Kilimanjaro have melted more than 80 percent since 1912. Glaciers in the Garhwal Himalaya in India are retreating so fast that researchers believe that most central and eastern Himalayan glaciers could virtually disappear by 2035. Arctic sea ice has thinned significantly over the past half century, and its extent has declined by about 10 percent in the past 30 years. NASA's repeated laser altimeter readings show the edges of Greenland's ice sheet shrinking. Spring freshwater ice breakup in the Northern Hemisphere now occurs nine days earlier than it did 150 years ago, and autumn freeze-up ten days later. Thawing permafrost has caused the ground to subside more than 15 feet (4.6 meters) in parts of Alaska. From the Arctic to Peru, from Switzerland to the equatorial glaciers of Man Jaya in Indonesia, massive ice fields, monstrous glaciers, and sea ice are disappearing, fast.

When temperatures rise and ice melts, more water flows to the seas from glaciers and ice caps, and ocean water warms and expands in volume. This combination of effects has played the major role in raising average global sea level between four and eight inches (10 and 20 centimeters) in the past hundred years,

So argue the reasons WHY but you cant say its NOT happening.
I never for a second disputed there was climate change. I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that the temp. outside will change tomorrow. Climate change has been occurring since the earth was created and there are some positive affects of a warming planet. Always be skeptical of any research you read that never discusses both the positives and negatives of climate change and always question the integrity of the research. More times than not you will find that the studies are funded with a political purpose. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts. The fact is there are so many variables that can alter climate change which is why nobody has been able to accurately predict the future climate. Remember in the 70's the big scare was the next ice age coming. Then over the next 25 years the planet was warming so the new scare was global warming. Now over the last decade average temps. have cooled. The environmental libtards can't get their models right so they figured let's just call it climate change then we can be right no matter what happens.
If anyone is open minded than I recommend you visit an unbiased website and to educate yourself: http://www.climatechangefacts.info/#...armingIsNotBad
Old 10-17-2014, 08:04 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by togzilla View Post
I never for a second disputed there was climate change. I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that the temp. outside will change tomorrow. Climate change has been occurring since the earth was created and there are some positive affects of a warming planet. Always be skeptical of any research you read that never discusses both the positives and negatives of climate change and always question the integrity of the research. More times than not you will find that the studies are funded with a political purpose. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts. The fact is there are so many variables that can alter climate change which is why nobody has been able to accurately predict the future climate. Remember in the 70's the big scare was the next ice age coming. Then over the next 25 years the planet was warming so the new scare was global warming. Now over the last decade average temps. have cooled. The environmental libtards can't get their models right so they figured let's just call it climate change then we can be right no matter what happens.
If anyone is open minded than I recommend you visit an unbiased website and to educate yourself: http://www.climatechangefacts.info/#...armingIsNotBad
I never said you did deny climate change although enjoyed your sarcastic but yet educated response but other posters did deny it. Thanks for backing your statements up with actual resources which I find educational and will read more from your link. I do believe that there is an acceleration of Natural Climate conditions that warrant a look.
You ask people to be open minded and yet bash "libitards" The definition of "liberal" by Websters Dictionary is simply " Open Minded" so why bash "open minded" with stigmas.

As as far as politics go I am a political agnostic and don't believe either side while taking a few tidbits from each side. We all get hurt by both sides and yet keep allowing it. Government today will ALWAYS waste our time and tax dollars Federal and State included. I dont agree with either sides budget, plans for America etc. I own my own business, live the American dream through very hard work, long hours, days per week and have made my way regardless of politics and unnecessary taxes which I begrudgingly pay. Liberals and Conservatives be damned as they are all in the same cocktail room at the end of the day. Both sides more importantly are ruining our fishing

What I appreciate is the outdoors and don't get is the "Outrage" over this climate issue on tax payors backs. I can think of a lot worse use of government waste on our backs than this research. Such as a war that never had a chance while the person responsible for over 3000 American deaths went untouched for years until was finally punished by a covert wonderful military operation we all would pay for 20 times over. That's all it would have taken in 2001! AND GOD Bless ALL of our military. No War was required. We spend Billions more the amount used in "Climate research" trying to democratize Irag (which never had a chance) at a cost none of us will really ever know but includes loss of American lives, Financing third world countries, politicizing our healthcare (which still sucks), no immigration policy (Ellis Island had it right) and welfare etc etc Climate research doesn't cost lives and maybe after these long hours , days I can maybe still enjoy Fishing, my children, grandchildren ,great grandchildren and their children can accept those taxes for the Climate research now.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by togzilla View Post
So I checked out the link and much of it smacked of industry boilerplate propaganda. So I Googled this Dr. Everett and found this, http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/John_Everett

"Garden variety climate change denier" pretty much sums it up. He is among the 3% and I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the payroll of BP or ExxonMobil.

Not for nothing, when deniers use that Tea Party buzzword insult "libtard" they really aren't helping to advance your cause. To generalize everyone that does not agree with your conservative opinion as "retarded" is childish and divisive.
The Earth is warming. That's a fact. I happen to agree with 97% of the worldwide scientific community that pumping billions of tons of carbon into the atmoshere is adding to the trend. How can one logically say it wont have any effect at all? THAT seems more like short bus wisdom... `
Old 10-18-2014, 07:05 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

This post belongs in a general discussion thread!!!
going downhill and turning into a political thread
climate on this planet changes --has for billions of years and will continue to do so

www.palmersbucktails.com
EMAIL:
anthonyspalmer@gmail.com

Last edited by PALMERS TACKLE; 10-18-2014 at 07:08 AM..
Old 10-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Banned

This thread never belonged in the report section in the first place, I'm surprised it stayed as long as it did seeing as how other posts get moved right away.
It only became political when the deniers jumped in with the conspiracy theory. 30 years is a long time to debunk a scientific theory and it hasn't happened yet.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure where it belongs,. But I know one thing for sure, if you believe the theory then you also understand that one country can't resolve the problem. It will take global unity. Now if you believe that can happen I think you are a dreamer. So either way why spend money we don't have to solve a so called problem that we can not control. I mean no disrespect I am a Reality based guy. In reality our government regardless of party is not capable of handling anything properly so I would like to know why anyone would think they are capable of handling this unbiasedly. It's political and the people they grant the study money to will b the ones that suit their particular agenda.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:56 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

EU had a great study on how many lives would be saved by global warming but it was largely suppressed.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Banned

If trillions of dollars could be made stopping global warming than it would be done already. The fact is the fossil fuel industry is making too much money to stop the trend easily. Money talks...
Old 10-19-2014, 08:21 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I have only two comments and then I am done wasting my time with this post. First, the definition of liberal is correct but I find very few liberals that live by that definition. In my opinion they are completely open minded only if you agree with their ideology. Otherwise, they refuse to engage in an educated debate and will call you racist, right wing nut, hate women, minorities, poor, elderly, and so on. It's their trump card when they can't rationally accept facts.
Secondly, where is this so called 97% of so called scientist believe in global warming. I've heard this one over and over and over again. I'm sure if you took a study of 100 liberal scientist who have a vested interest in the globall climate change problem you would find 97% of them believe it is man made. Do the independent research and FOLLOW THE MONEY! That's it I'm done.