NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Season Smallmouth Contest?! - Page 8 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-19-2014, 08:19 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Season Smallmouth Contest?!

Id sayanywhere a nj freshwater license is accepted ex Greenie its shared between states idk if they're in there or not but seems fair if its split waters shared between states
Old 03-19-2014, 09:09 PM
NJFishing.com Member

Guys thank you for the reply on the out of state question the only reason why I asked is because I go to Maine every year for smb. But jersey smb is always fun to catch count me in.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:38 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I am in. This sounds great, but one suggestion. Someone mentioned April 1 as the start date. I think it should correspond with the trout opener. I catch alot of my smallies out of trout stocked water and I'm sure many of you do also. It also appears many lakes are still going to be iced over. I just think this is the right way to do it.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:29 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc76 View Post
I am in. This sounds great, but one suggestion. Someone mentioned April 1 as the start date. I think it should correspond with the trout opener. I catch alot of my smallies out of trout stocked water and I'm sure many of you do also. It also appears many lakes are still going to be iced over. I just think this is the right way to do it.
I really dont think that 5 days will make any difference in a 7 month long contest....Rivers will technically be closed until the 5th...if you can afford the ticket, go for it....

I personally fish a closed river pre trout opener every year... and get chased out by the local C.O. every yr....He has never ticketed me mainly because he knows that i am not targeting the trout when he sees my gear....Baitcaster,12lb test and big ugly jigs.....Its funny because its the ONLY time that we see and speak to each other every yr....He knows exactly where to find me and usually B.S's wit me for bout 15-20 min so i can fish fer a few min longer...3 yrs ago he helped me land a six lb.er and took a pic for me....Fished with him last yr....Found him in my spot poundin beers and smallies...
Old 03-20-2014, 12:03 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Season Smallmouth Contest?!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0632.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	67781