NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!


Message Board


The Left's Choke Hold On Global Warming Beginning To Break - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey


Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-13-2017, 08:36 PM
tombanjo tombanjo is offline
NJFishing.com Old Salt
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,231
Default The Left's Choke Hold On Global Warming Beginning To Break

You'll be seeing more skeptics come out into the sun

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...asy-lesson.php
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-13-2017, 10:20 PM
Gerry Zagorski's Avatar
Gerry Zagorski Gerry Zagorski is offline
Owner NJFishing.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 9,084
Default Re: The Left's Choke Hold On Global Warming Beginning To Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombanjo View Post
You'll be seeing more skeptics come out into the sun

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...asy-lesson.php
Glad you had the good sense to post this in non fishing Tom.... Unlike a few here who are clogging up the SW Fishing section trying to call attention to themselves and push their agenda
__________________

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of SSFFF and RFA
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-13-2017, 11:58 PM
Bluefish Bluefish is offline
NJFishing.com Ambassador
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 218
Default Re: The Left's Choke Hold On Global Warming Beginning To Break

im not sure which camp i am in? referring to the last posts about this topic i cite" "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
since i agree with the MIT Prof ..............
does this mean the MIT prof is an ignorant anti intellectual or a knowledgeable academic ?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-14-2017, 09:28 AM
tombanjo tombanjo is offline
NJFishing.com Old Salt
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,231
Default Re: The Left's Choke Hold On Global Warming Beginning To Break

These people had a real nice 25 year run peddling this bull. Most got very rich off of it too and those that didn't, the politicians, got huge donations and a built in power base as warming was lumped in with the usual leftist causes like abortion and anti-guns. Even the weak kneed Bush GOP ran in fear ("Oh! We'll lose votes!!") for 8 years. Funny thing about it though, despite massive attempts to convince the public with complete media immersion including going as far as indoctrinating through TV shows, GW STILL polls very poorly.

You know why? Because it doesn't make sense, as in common sense. The unwashed masses get that on a gut level. No matter how many bought and paid for results guaranteed "scientific" studies come out with doom & gloom 40 year projections, the average Joe, stupid as he may be, will invariably ask how come they get the weather wrong a week out half the time?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-14-2017, 09:58 AM
Blind Squirrel Blind Squirrel is offline
NJFishing.com Ambassador
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 203
Default Re: The Left's Choke Hold On Global Warming Beginning To Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombanjo View Post
These people had a real nice 25 year run peddling this bull. Most got very rich off of it too and those that didn't, the politicians, got huge donations and a built in power base as warming was lumped in with the usual leftist causes like abortion and anti-guns. Even the weak kneed Bush GOP ran in fear ("Oh! We'll lose votes!!") for 8 years. Funny thing about it though, despite massive attempts to convince the public with complete media immersion including going as far as indoctrinating through TV shows, GW STILL polls very poorly.

You know why? Because it doesn't make sense, as in common sense. The unwashed masses get that on a gut level. No matter how many bought and paid for results guaranteed "scientific" studies come out with doom & gloom 40 year projections, the average Joe, stupid as he may be, will invariably ask how come they get the weather wrong a week out half the time?
"The unwashed masses" aren't climatologists, and weather isn't climate.
Global Warming Fast Facts - NatGeo
Global Warming Facts, Definition, Causes and Effects | NRDC
NASA: Climate Change and Global Warming
Climate change explained - GOV.UK
__________________
Women want me...Fish fear me
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-14-2017, 12:40 PM
Charlie B's Avatar
Charlie B Charlie B is offline
NJFishing.com Ambassador
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: (summer)Lake Hopatcong(winter)Milltown
Posts: 196
Default Re: The Left's Choke Hold On Global Warming Beginning To Break

It a proven fact that the climate has changed in the past. Way before humans even existed the climate has gone through cycles of warm and cold and that is a fact. Any guessing on why the climate seems to be warming now is just a guess. Could it be influenced by human activity? I suppose it could be but the only known facts are that the climate has gone through cycles of warming and cooling in the past. Before any possible influence from human activity. I don't know the reasons the climate has changed in the past or why it is changing now. No one has proof positive of the reasons and that is a fact. The fact is no one knows all the answers and anyone who insists that climate change must be from human activity without considering other causes is just a fool...Charlie
__________________
Greetings from Lake Hopatcong...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-14-2017, 02:06 PM
Blind Squirrel Blind Squirrel is offline
NJFishing.com Ambassador
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 203
Default Re: The Left's Choke Hold On Global Warming Beginning To Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie B View Post
It a proven fact that the climate has changed in the past. Way before humans even existed the climate has gone through cycles of warm and cold and that is a fact. Any guessing on why the climate seems to be warming now is just a guess. Could it be influenced by human activity? I suppose it could be but the only known facts are that the climate has gone through cycles of warming and cooling in the past. Before any possible influence from human activity. I don't know the reasons the climate has changed in the past or why it is changing now. No one has proof positive of the reasons and that is a fact. The fact is no one knows all the answers and anyone who insists that climate change must be from human activity without considering other causes is just a fool...Charlie
It a proven fact that climate changes of this magnitude in the past took tens of thousands of years, not a century or two, and that man-made greenhouse gases are the driving force behind this one. The fact is no one knows all of the answers, and anyone who insists that climate change isn't from human activity is just a fool -- usually a Republican fool...
Global Climate Change Indicators: Introduction | Monitoring References | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI/NOAA)
__________________
Women want me...Fish fear me

Last edited by Blind Squirrel; 03-14-2017 at 05:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-14-2017, 02:14 PM
tombanjo tombanjo is offline
NJFishing.com Old Salt
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,231
Default Re: The Left's Choke Hold On Global Warming Beginning To Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie B View Post
It a proven fact that the climate has changed in the past. Way before humans even existed the climate has gone through cycles of warm and cold and that is a fact. Any guessing on why the climate seems to be warming now is just a guess. Could it be influenced by human activity? I suppose it could be but the only known facts are that the climate has gone through cycles of warming and cooling in the past. Before any possible influence from human activity. I don't know the reasons the climate has changed in the past or why it is changing now. No one has proof positive of the reasons and that is a fact. The fact is no one knows all the answers and anyone who insists that climate change must be from human activity without considering other causes is just a fool...Charlie
Inconvenient facts Charlie. They only like to go back a little ways, like a hundred years or less so the data fits their claims and even then they are forced to revise their own finding to deceive the public.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-14-2017, 03:22 PM
reason162's Avatar
reason162 reason162 is offline
NJFishing.com Ambassador
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 661
Default Re: The Left's Choke Hold On Global Warming Beginning To Break

In the not-so-distant future, when historians look back at our era (if our species manage to survive the coming cataclysm), the shocking conclusion they'll draw is just how successfully the true elites --- the coal/oil/gas barons --- managed to inscript the undying loyalty of the "unwashed masses" to further their own financial goals.

This campaign of disinformation, of tying up scientific data into the whirlwind of political theory and "freedom"...has succeeded beyond anyone's wildest imagination. Here we have the common folk serving as mouthpieces for ExxonMobile, propagating the nonsense of industry-paid shills.

I have news for you: your interests do not align with the likes of Rex Tillerson.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-14-2017, 03:25 PM
fishguy fishguy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 170
Default Re: The Left's Choke Hold On Global Warming Beginning To Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Zagorski View Post
Glad you had the good sense to post this in non fishing Tom.... Unlike a few here who are clogging up the SW Fishing section trying to call attention to themselves and push their agenda
The scientist cited on this thoroughly un-scientific website, (which is run by lawyers apparently, click on the "about us" link) is why it's 99% of the worlds scientists agreeing on climate change and not 100%. Science isn't a popularity contest so I'd be inclined to believe 99% and their decades of peer reviewed data.

"They get the weather wrong all the time!" There is a difference between weather and climate. Something you deniers can't seem to grasp.

Gerry, do you deny climate change is a reality and that human activity is contributing to it?

This is important for everyone in the fishing community to know as you will be representing us as a new board member of the RFA. If NOAA and NMFS find out that the board members of a group challenging their science don't believe in climate change I firmly believe it will harm our cause.




It's a legitimate question, Gerry. I think you should answer it plainly and clearly. I'm not "pushing an agenda" anymore than you are "pushing an agenda" by taking a contradictory position. So, what do you say?

PS I'm "clogging up the SW report page? Of the 32 posts there right now 3 were moved here and 23 of the remaining 29 were non-fishing reports.

Last edited by fishguy; 03-14-2017 at 03:59 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.