NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Outboard vs Outboards Opinions Up - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 01-24-2016, 01:39 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Outboard vs Outboards Opinions Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATS View Post
Never been on the water with out Tow Ins.

Boat is a 25 ft center console. A single with a 4 blade prop is do-able from everything I have read.

I know it sounds silly but holeshots and top speed are not a concern. I will rarely have more than 5 in the boat also, usually 2.

Biggest concern is getting up on plane but from what I have read the right prop and hydrafoils will eliminate that concern.

As much as I would love to hit blue water I do not see that with this boat and hopefully my job takes me to South Carolina coast in 2 years.

Keep the opinions coming please. And I am going with Suzuki
Suzuki 300 still have issues.
I have been researching to upgrade my twin 250 suzuki's to twin 300. as the extra power will allow me to get a better burn number due to slower rpm for the same speed.
But seems that ALL the 300 out there of most brands are still having issues. seems the engines of 250 and less are ALOT more reliable right now

Fifty pound + , Striped Bass live release club
Old 01-25-2016, 10:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I think the 250hp/225/200 growth was a good slow evolution. But we all know the new stuff need to "work the bugs out of it".

It's almost always like that. Right out of the blueprint, then have problems only use can find and re-design can correct.

Each manufacturer finds new stuff they need to correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer4reel View Post
Suzuki 300 still have issues.
I have been researching to upgrade my twin 250 suzuki's to twin 300. as the extra power will allow me to get a better burn number due to slower rpm for the same speed.
But seems that ALL the 300 out there of most brands are still having issues. seems the engines of 250 and less are ALOT more reliable right now
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 01-25-2016, 07:37 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Ran to the far end of the Chicken last season on my 25 center with twin 135s. just as we arrived I blew a lower unit. It took 7 1/2 hours to get back, but I did get back without assistance. My feelings...Twins is the safest bet. Now I have twin 175s. good luck with your decision