NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

The Middle Brook 1/27/19: - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-28-2019, 01:57 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: The Middle Brook 1/27/19:

I got a funny feeling some of the non-public spots like through dock watch hollow has wild trout. Very interesting how its fed right out of the middle of the watchung mountains.

Regardless its a blast to fish this stream with in any branch section if you like tiny fish and beautiful stream water.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:38 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
I grew up in these woods some 40+ years ago Back then you could go inside the dams caverns but have since been sealed up when the whole Chimney Rock area went public to hiking etc. It does get trashed in the summer by swimmers and the like. Worth keeping an eye on since it is TM waters.
Andy, Is there a story or some local lore about the car that is at the bottom of the reservoir? I saw it there many years ago when the reservoir was very, very low. It was in the water at the bottom of a cliff from where it may have been pushed but there didn't appear to be any road up there. The only reason it was visible was because the water was so low.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:23 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Andy, The upper stocking point used to be about 300 yds. above Vossler Ave. and then the bridge at Gilbride. I caught my first trout in the big pool below the dam, but unless they changed things in recent years, they haven't stocked down by Chimney Rock rd. in many years.
Old 01-30-2019, 01:26 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

If the car is in the water above the dam in the second photo, I vaguely remember it being in the woods above the steep sloop, but that was 50 years ago.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:56 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: The Middle Brook 1/27/19:

Not sure how the car got in the lake there, we found cars way back on the North Branch of the Raritan. My guess some drunks joy riding put them there.
The stocking signs down by Chimney Rock Rd. looked pretty old.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:31 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Seems like people in the state loving pushing things into water. Over the summer, exploring the Passaic, I found a shopping cart next to the remains of an ancient car. Although I did catch a huge redbreast out of the passenger seat
Old 01-30-2019, 06:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzguy2 View Post
If the car is in the water above the dam in the second photo, I vaguely remember it being in the woods above the steep sloop, but that was 50 years ago.
I don't think it's up there now. It must have made quite a splash! I'm sure it must have been pushed in there at least 40 years ago.