NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Fluke Options Poll - Page 9 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fisheries Management/Regulations This board is closed for posting but will serve as an archieve for all Fisheries Management and Regulations posts from other boards.

View Poll Results: What Are Your Preferences for 2012 Fluke Regs
8 fish @ 18 inches May 7 - Sept 25 11 4.40%
8 fish @ 18 inches May 5 – Oct 21 94 37.60%
8 fish @ 18 inches April 21 – Oct 8 19 7.60%
8 fish @ 18 inches May 26 – Oct 28 40 16.00%
5 fish @ 17.5 inches May 5 – Sept 28 79 31.60%
3 fish @ 17 inches May 29 – Sept 1 7 2.80%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2012, 10:00 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Fluke Options Poll

mako 28 i tell ya what then you give me some money to go on party boat or charter boat more often and I gladly will. until then don't make suggestions that include spending money that they may not have. you do awesome many others are not nearly as lucky.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:04 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer4reel
probably because there are not many here expecting to catch fluke in s great numbers with the season starting so early looking at REAL fishable days . will lose almost a month to days when fish are not here

I disagree 100% I feel like the best shot you have at getting a big fish is early in the season I have a buddy who trolls the reach with stretch plugs for bass in april and every year he gets multiple fluke over 10lbs on those things. without even targeting them if he could I have no doubt that he would land atleast 1 10+ lb fish in april every year. the year before last he had an 11 and 13 within 2 weeks of one another. both had to be released

so i think that an early season would be a great thing for fluke fishermen.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

think we can all agree all these options are better then what we thought we'd be facing 3 or 4 years ago and also better then what states to our north and south have to deal with, we are actually lucky

Murr722@gmail.com

THE REIGNING, DEFENDING, PUT UP OR SHUT UP
CHAMPION

Put Up or Shut Up IX Prelims winner

If you don't like fish thats "fishy" eat chicken.

"theres a million fine looking women in the world dude,but they dont all buy you st. croixs for your birthday,most of them just yell at ya for fishing to much."

"Murray's Law: The uglier a fish is, the better it tastes." - Lard Almighty

LAB,always in our hearts & ears
Old 02-25-2012, 01:33 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

The 17.5" crowd are recalling all the 17.999999999" fish they had to throw back last year, while forgetting all the obviously short and obviously keeper fish. It's a logical flaw to think that as the season progresses and fishing pressure ramps up, 0.5" is going to make a dramatic difference in the number of kept fish.

A lower bag limit, however, do compromise a fluke angler who goes out 2-3 times a week for the entire season...getting skunked on occasion and limiting out on other occasions. Yes I catch and keep my fair share of fluke, and I put a lot of time/effort/$$$ into fishing for this species. Why should the regulations favor the 3-4 trip guys over 30-40 trip guys? Last season I spent over $3000 on party boat fares/tips/pools chasing after fluke alone.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:39 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I hate to think how much I spend on fluking! and if my wife ever found out "OMG"!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Banned

How the hell do they come up with these numbers? Are the options laid out supposed to somehow be equal as far as the potential landings? WTF?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:47 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Last season I spent over $3000 on party boat fares/tips/pools chasing after fluke alone.[/QUOTE]

Boy, I wish I had that much money to spend on fishing! I am lucky to get out a few times a year.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:51 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako28
Skolmann, I'm not telling anyone what to do just making a suggestion.
And I suggest you stay out of my finances by saying how, where, with whom and how much I care to spend on fishing.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:40 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Bluefish are your answer. ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwstand
As the father of 3 young children 8, 6, 5 I would like to see a more attainable keeper. I took my boys out 3 times last year, and though they caught a few fish they were massively disappointed they could not bring home dinner for mommy. From the sheer number of just missed a keeper fish caught over the past 2 years it seems the bio-mass is in good order. I prefer a management that protects the breeding stock as the most valued commodity. It has worked well in FL and LA for multiple species!

I grant I am not the world's finest fluke fisherman, certainly closer to the bottom, but:

Dad to fish $50. 3 kids to fish $120. Tackle, drinks, sandwiches for trip $40. Coming home with no dinner for mommy $200 shopping trip for her! My kids - "mommy we caught you dinner!!" Priceless! AND a recommendation we go out AGAIN!!!

So yes, my interest in the smaller size is self-serving, but also in the hope my children will grow up appreciating the resource we have at our back door, as well as the importance of respecting credible attempts to maintain and protect it for ALL to enjoy, not just the most skilled amongst us (me not being one of them!).
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 02-25-2012, 05:55 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

4000 views, 200 votes

Stop lurking, start voting