NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

I lost my license..... - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 03-26-2019, 06:34 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: I lost my license.....

Great benefit to purchase on line. Enter your conservation # or social security #and reprint as many as you wish. Not sure to the reason being that if you by a license at an agent you are unable to the same. You should be able to reprint regardless of the place of purchase.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:03 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

So, I accessed this link https://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/als/websalesintro.htm and read through the different headings. In parentheses there was a notation. It was an exception to the practice of reprinting your license using the link. Most, if not all, of the the other licenses offered by the Division of Fish and Wildlife can be reprinted if bought at a licensing agent such as Dick's. However, fishing licences may not be reprinted.

My suggestion is to contact the Division of Fish and Wildlife by phone. Good luck. It's a situation about which the Division must already be aware, but I don't know if they are doing anything to fix it.

If there is anyone on this board who has some "juice", maybe he or she can contact the Division in your regard. In fact, as someone who has "no juice", I'll drop them a line asking about the problem.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:47 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I just sent an email to F&W explaining the problem. I'll let you know what they have to say. Replacing the license online is the expedient way to do it, but they seem to have put a roadblock in your way if you did not buy a fishing license online. Trying to contact the Division without a specific email address for a specific person is useless. You will have to call and speak with someone.

By the way, just a question........Didn't Dick's give you a receipt for payment of your license? I doubt that license replacement problems don't often happen at the store where you bought your license. I'll go out on a limb and say that the cashiers at that store just don't know how to do it.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:11 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I do get mine online, and lost it already this year and I re-printed from the website, not sure if it's the same when you in a store. Also, last year, my whole packet of stuff I keep together (fishing lic., registration, boating safety card) blew out of the boat and I didnt know, me and the wife got stopped on Lake Hopactcong, and they told me it didnt matter if I had it on me,(even though your supposed to) as long as you have identification on you, he just checks it on his handheld computer. That was in NJ, other states are different.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

I just heard from Paul Tarlowe at the hatchery who acknowledged the flaw in the license replacement procedure. They don't expect the issue to be resolved until the fall when they are able to update their system. As was discussed, the flaw only affects fishing license sales from issuing agents in retail locations. Until then, I suggest, as I did before, you call the division and speak with someone.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich196 View Post
I do get mine online, and lost it already this year and I re-printed from the website, not sure if it's the same when you in a store. Also, last year, my whole packet of stuff I keep together (fishing lic., registration, boating safety card) blew out of the boat and I didnt know, me and the wife got stopped on Lake Hopactcong, and they told me it didnt matter if I had it on me,(even though your supposed to) as long as you have identification on you, he just checks it on his handheld computer. That was in NJ, other states are different.
that depends on how big of a stick the cop has up his ass at the time... they can and will at times give you a ticket for not having the actual documentation on you physically. It's happened.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 03-28-2019, 12:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

So I got it reprinted at dicks for $2 and $2 for the trout stamp. They looked it up with my ss#.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:48 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Even if you have it on you, but it's not visible they can give you gruff because it's supposed to be displayed "conspicuously".

HK: Doesn't Dick's or Walmart print a replacement one for like $2 or do they not do that anymore? I read on here about going online and printing a copy for the holder, a copy for the center console in the truck, a copy in the tackle bag, an extra copy and have done so for the past 2 years. It was really good advice.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:49 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Cool, beat me to it! Glad it worked out. Next year do it online and save some $$$ and grief!