NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Good Fluke bite - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Salt Water Fishing Use this board to post all general salt water fishing information. Please use the appropriate boards below for all other information. General information about sailing times, charter availability and open boats trips can be found and should be posted in the open boat forum.

Old 08-01-2020, 11:31 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Good Fluke bite

Ran out of Manasquan this morning to drift some rough bottom areas. Fishing was good and I got 3 keepers 18.5 to 20 inches before 8am. At one point we had 5 keepers and only one short. After a couple drifts we did start getting more short fish and the bite slowed up. Nice day on the Ocean today.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:47 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Good Fluke bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewlugger View Post
Ran out of Manasquan this morning to drift some rough bottom areas. Fishing was good and I got 3 keepers 18.5 to 20 inches before 8am. At one point we had 5 keepers and only one short. After a couple drifts we did start getting more short fish and the bite slowed up. Nice day on the Ocean today.
Great report. Was a real nice day. Glad you got on em
Old 08-02-2020, 06:57 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

My son and I ran out of Manasquan yesterday to the Axel Carlson. Short fluke and sea robins dominated the first few drifts. Made a wiggle and eventually we started getting keepers to 20. Ended up with 5 in the box. Seemed to like a white Spro with a GULP new penny grub as 4 out of the 5 came on that.

As you said, ocean was nice, little heave in the morning but that settled down quickly.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:47 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skolmann View Post
My son and I ran out of Manasquan yesterday to the Axel Carlson. Short fluke and sea robins dominated the first few drifts. Made a wiggle and eventually we started getting keepers to 20. Ended up with 5 in the box. Seemed to like a white Spro with a GULP new penny grub as 4 out of the 5 came on that.

As you said, ocean was nice, little heave in the morning but that settled down quickly.
Sounds like we had a similar day. We did best on a white teaser with a Gulp new penny jerk shad and a strip of Fluke belly. It was a nice day and there was alot of fishing boats out there.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:58 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewlugger View Post
It was a nice day and there was alot of fishing boats out there.
When we first started catching a few keepers there were no boats within several hundred yards of us. By the time we put the 5th in the box we had 4 or 5 within 150 feet (although we did call in one boat who was a friend)
Old 08-03-2020, 09:42 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukeyou View Post
Great report. Was a real nice day. Glad you got on em
Thanks, going out the inlet we saw alot of anglers catching. My friends got 7 keepers up to 23 inches in Barnegat Bay that morning. Seems like the bite was on for everyone that day. Really like your videos. All the best to you and your daughter.