NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

My fishing partner - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-08-2019, 07:31 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default My fishing partner

This Christmas.. He told 2 different Santa's he wanted a new fishing rod, so Santa brought him one, with his own new tackle box, and some basic tackle.. Santa left it at Papa's house...

His name is Landon, will be 6 in about 6 weeks and is my only grandson, and I love him as dearly.. He adores fishing with papa..
couple of fish from one of our summer before last fishing trips to a local county park lake.. The bullheads we caught were massive, only one small lake we fish has them, and we have never caught a small one.. they are all better than 2 pounds..

I hope his love for fishing stays with him throughout his life, and I hope he wants me with him[while I'm still here] when he does go fishing ... bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2444.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	130708   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2289.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	130709   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2292.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	130710   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2227.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	130711  

Last edited by bulletbob; 01-08-2019 at 07:34 PM..
Old 01-09-2019, 08:25 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Smile Re: My fishing partner

Get in a couple of those pix with him so many years from now he'll look and remember when it his turn to introduce a grandchild to angling.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:00 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: My fishing partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by june181901 View Post
Get in a couple of those pix with him so many years from now he'll look and remember when it his turn to introduce a grandchild to angling.
thats a wonderful thought, .. I'll keep it in mind this spring when we go again.. Counting the days... bob
Old 01-09-2019, 10:44 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Way to go! Tight lines to both of you
Old 01-09-2019, 12:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

That is what it is all about right there!

i have a pic of my grandfather and I in a shadowbox along with his early 1900's reels and lures that were given to him by his grandfather..
Old 01-09-2019, 09:06 PM
dakota560

Bob great job, way to keep the legacy alive. I'm convinced if more people introduced their children / grandchildren to fishing and the outdoors at an early age, taught them respect for the resources and nature in general instead of living on the internet, the world would be an incrementally better place. The smiles say it all........really great stuff! Some of the best memories in life involve days on the water with your children and or grandkids.

Last edited by dakota560; 01-09-2019 at 09:10 PM..
Old 01-09-2019, 10:41 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota560 View Post
Bob great job, way to keep the legacy alive. I'm convinced if more people introduced their children / grandchildren to fishing and the outdoors at an early age, taught them respect for the resources and nature in general instead of living on the internet, the world would be an incrementally better place. The smiles say it all........really great stuff! Some of the best memories in life involve days on the water with your children and or grandkids.
Thanks for the kind words Tom,,.. He's getting bigger now as you can see in the difference from the pic of him opening his new rod, this Christmas day to the ones where he is holding fish up..
There's nothing he would rather do, which thrills me. Loves to eat fish as well, ANY fish- including nasty tasting Lake Trout, and almost as nasty big bluefish.
My wife and I took our grandkids to a few different local Christmas parties where they have food, gifts for kids and Santa w/ pics etc.. usually put on by Sheriffs depts, or fire depts... Both times this year as he sat on santa's lap he asked for a new fishing rod..

Now I have probably 60 rods, plus dozens of spare reels, and he could pick any 5 of them if he wanted to..However, I envisioned him ripping into his own brand new rod and reel, and his own tackle box, with his name on it, so thats what we did.. Soon to be 6, he will be a somewhat more independent "angler" this year, learning to cast properly, and set the hook himself etc..

Taking a little one fishing is very limiting if you want to catch large game fish, because you need to watch weather, can't go fishing for species that are scarce, and not easy to catch.. I find it a LOT more fun though catching sunnies, bullheads, perch and maybe a stray smallish trout here and there on worms, with my grandson in tow, than being alone on my center console searching for game fish.. Its a truly wonderful time for both of us, and I pray he never outgrows being on fishing trips with me.. I hope all the dads and grandpas on this forum get to do the same this year, and for many years to come. bob
Old 01-10-2019, 08:58 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Some great memories right there! I remember when my dad took me fishing for the first time. I was 4 or 5 years old and hooked ever since. I plan to do the same with my kids.

"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths"
Old 01-10-2019, 09:52 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thumbs up Re: My fishing partner

That's what it's all about right there. Best wishes in 2019.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:09 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Thumbs up Re: My fishing partner

good deal