NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

HYBRID MEET & GREET! Nov 2 - Page 6 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 11-03-2019, 07:43 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: HYBRID MEET & GREET! Nov 2

Well another one in the books! It was a great time as usual! Seemed to me like there was a pretty good turn out and saw and met some new faces from the page yesterday. Fishing was okay not one of our Slamfest's but seemed like most people caught some hybrids as well as white perch and some big sunnies. Enough to keep the day entertaining Most of the fish appeared to be in the 16-18 inch range with a few bigger ones in the mix! I had the pleasure of fishing with Ken and Donna and the laughs were many as we battled one mechanical issue after another but still ended up with about four or five hybrids and about a dozen white perch! We tried hard to get Donna her first hybrid but no luck this time! We eventually got together with a pod of NJF'ers and Scott put on quite a hysterical display of how to catch hybrids on a hand line!!! The weather was decent and looking forward to next years event!

Hopefully we'll have enough ice to have one of our Monster NJF Ice Fishing Blasts too!!!!

16 Ft Princecraft DLX
9.9 Johnson
HELIX 7 Si GPS
Old 11-03-2019, 09:55 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Glad everyone had a good time. Got out late and left early to check trail cameras. I was on a yellow Hobie kayak. Only jigged 1 small hybrid on a binsky. Marked a lot of fish come up to the live bait and turn away while drifting and trolling. Looking forward to the next meet and greet. Congrats to the new moderators.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:37 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Great day on the big pond yesterday. My plan was to head up lake first thing in morning to put a wally in the boat before switching to the liver soak. Got a nice 21” and missed 2 at the spot then the sun came up and is was time to switch gears. Met up with the crew off Elba. The Mamba had the spot fertilized with diced up Frank Purdue’s bird organ and Rocco’s rod doubles over. After a few runs a giant channel cat comes up and we were all laughing. A few hybrids were caught there but the fish were super finicky.
The crew decided move up the lake and spread out a little to see if we could find some more active fish. We found a good flurry of action off a point where we had solid hook ups for about and hour. It’s crazy how light these fish slurp those livers in but once you set the hook they go full bulldog on you. Awesome dadding skills watching Fast Eddie put his son Chase on a few of the bruisers. I had a blast also hand lining a few on my yo-yo reel.

Gustard Wood
Tidewater 216

Last edited by ScowardNJ; 11-03-2019 at 12:41 PM..
Old 11-03-2019, 09:26 PM
Site Sponsor

Probably the second best hybrid meet and greet we had that I remember.... good showing of guys more then what we have had in the past, and even the fishing was pretty good.Not alot of big ones but steady action and just about everyone landed more then just a few. Always a great time with the Njf crew!
Myself rob and Rocco buzzes the mamba around from point to point starting with the walleyes, we got a late start and dropped one or two early before switching to livers. We set up where we got em two weeks ago and started building life under the mamba until the mugger showed up!! Picked up a few there then split back to the other end of the lake where we marked em good a few times the past two weeks... the fleet followed and Scotty ended setting up right on a small hump and got dialed in pretty well. It was pretty much almost drop and reel for a good hour. I hope everyone that came had a good time, and thank you to all that came out.

Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 11-04-2019, 08:24 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Woke up to a balmy 28 degrees and ice on the windshield. Got to the launch and met up with Hookmanski and NickM and the rest of the NJF crew. We decided to target walleye early. At the first spot we got 3 quick crappies and then I hook into a bigger fish on a drop shot. It was puling drag and flying all over the place. Definitely was thinking a decent smallie. Nope a suprise catch! Was probably the first hybird caught Saturday. As Ken pointed out later I really don't know what I am doing!

Bounced around on some points and picked up a nice slap.

Sun was getting high so we decided to switch gears and see what was happening on at the hybrid grounds. The crew was stacked up on a main lake point and there wasn't much room left so we went a little further south. Setup shop soaking livers and Nick gets his jig snagged. Couldn't break the line with the rod so starts hand lining in some dead weight. After catching a rock earlier I was joking that it was a big log. He keeps pulling and I see the butt end of a fishing rod break the surface! A decent shimano combo wound up being the catch of the day!

We were laughing and snapping photos about the rod catch and Hook's rod doubles over. Gets the fish to the boat and it makes a dive and pulls the hook on a nice 21-23" hybrid. Was hoping we had bumped into a school but it went radio silent. Made 2 moves and nothing doing. Got a call from Mikey that they were on them but we arrived after the blitz due to some stage fright.

All in all a beautiful crisp late fall day on the water with some new and old faces.

Thanks to Mikey for putting it together and helping us out.

Last edited by NJSquatch; 11-04-2019 at 09:42 AM..
Old 11-04-2019, 10:08 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Can't thank NJSquatch enough for having me out on his rig! It was a beautiful day and despite the slowness everyone caught fish, I caught a little perch shortly after losing my only hooked hybrid of the day. Once that hybrid got boatside he wanted nothing to do with us and shot straight down, popping the hook. My drag was set a bit too tight, lesson learned for sure!

Those 2 minutes where Nick caught the rod and then my rod was doubled over was mayhem in the best way! Lots of laughs on the boat, and like Squatch said, some stage fright

It was my first time out on the big pond and I will definitely be back for vengeance! Even though the fishing was slow it was one of the most fun days I've had fishing in awhile. Good company makes everything better.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:32 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

late shoutout to Pdog who was nice enough to let me tag along for a super nice boat ride! although we didn't succeed in landing many fish (ok fine we only caught 1 small catfish really early) it was really nice to be out and put faces to names.

also, now I know a ton more about LH, going to try and organize the garage this winter and figure out how to fit a small deep v aluminum in there
Old 11-04-2019, 12:27 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thanks again to everyone that came out! It certainly was a perfect fall day in my opinion. Hopefully we have some more Meet-N-Greets in the near future.
TIGHT LINEZ FELLAZ!!!
Here’s a pic of TomKaye with his first Hybrid in 20 years or so.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:51 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Damn I wish I could've made this but I was in my treestand... Looked like a great time!
Old 11-04-2019, 05:15 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Once again I can't thank you enough Eddie for putting me on these battling hybrids.
Caught one by accident b4 I sold my Mirrocraft years ago.
You really know what it takes to get er done & I am glad you put me on multiple fish. I had a blast.
Some great guys at this M&G. The between boat banter of Chase with Roberto, Mikey & Rocco was funny.
Scott with the handline, outrageous, and what a clinic he put on.
Hope to do it again with you guys sometime soon.
I have several Tog trips lined up this month. Will let you know in case any interest.
Be well guys & tight lines,
Tom