NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

The Left's Choke Hold On Global Warming Beginning To Break - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Non Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Non Fishing Use this board to post non fishing related information. The same rules apply here as the other boards. Behave or your post will be removed along with your posting priviledges.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:26 PM
Banned

Default Re: The Left's Choke Hold On Global Warming Beginning To Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
In the not-so-distant future, when historians look back at our era (if our species manage to survive the coming cataclysm), the shocking conclusion they'll draw is just how successfully the true elites --- the coal/oil/gas barons --- managed to inscript the undying loyalty of the "unwashed masses" to further their own financial goals.

This campaign of disinformation, of tying up scientific data into the whirlwind of political theory and "freedom"...has succeeded beyond anyone's wildest imagination. Here we have the common folk serving as mouthpieces for ExxonMobile, propagating the nonsense of industry-paid shills.

I have news for you: your interests do not align with the likes of Rex Tillerson.
Bravo, sir. Bravo. You have really hit the nail on the head.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy View Post
The scientist cited on this thoroughly un-scientific website, (which is run by lawyers apparently, click on the "about us" link) is why it's 99% of the worlds scientists agreeing on climate change and not 100%. Science isn't a popularity contest so I'd be inclined to believe 99% and their decades of peer reviewed data.

"They get the weather wrong all the time!" There is a difference between weather and climate. Something you deniers can't seem to grasp.

Gerry, do you deny climate change is a reality and that human activity is contributing to it?

This is important for everyone in the fishing community to know as you will be representing us as a new board member of the RFA. If NOAA and NMFS find out that the board members of a group challenging their science don't believe in climate change I firmly believe it will harm our cause.

It's a legitimate question, Gerry. I think you should answer it plainly and clearly. I'm not "pushing an agenda" anymore than you are "pushing an agenda" by taking a contradictory position. So, what do you say?
I don't know if Gerry does but I certainly do . By trying to trap someone into answering to you is and childish and ludicrous as you notion that what you say is fact.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Dah Fish View Post
I don't know if Gerry does but I certainly do . By trying to trap someone into answering to you is and childish and ludicrous as you notion that what you say is fact.
There is nothing childish about it and this isn't a "trap", Joe. It a perfectly valid question and I think Gerry should answer it, plain and simple.

The worldwide scientific community is nearly unanimous in it's belief on this matter. They have data and facts that has led them to this conclusion. I happen to believe them. I want to know what the newest board member of the RFA's position is, a person who will be representing me and all of us in the coming battles over our fishery. It's a perfectly legitimate request.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:51 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

There are those that are so sure that they are right about climate change.They can not prove it but insist they are right. No one knows what causes climate change. What can I say. Let them drink the kool aid if they want to. If they feel good about coming on here and making a fool of themself so be it. I think they would get a better reception over on the PETA sites with their fellow travelers. But those and their kind are hurting now and seem to feel the need to bring us down. The good thing is their side is not in power now and I don't think they are changing any minds...Charlie

Last edited by Charlie B; 03-14-2017 at 03:18 PM..
Old 03-14-2017, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy View Post
There is nothing childish about it and this isn't a "trap", Joe. It a perfectly valid question and I think Gerry should answer it, plain and simple.

The worldwide scientific community is nearly unanimous in it's belief on this matter. They have data and facts that has led them to this conclusion. I happen to believe them. I want to know what the newest board member of the RFA's position is, a person who will be representing me and all of us in the coming battles over our fishery. It's a perfectly legitimate request.
Typical leftist type. You think people should and have an obligation to answer to you. Well news flash no one has an obligation to you. Should you ever decide to be opened minded enough to other answers other than your own beliefs. I'm all ears. But when you believe your answer is the only answer you only prove that you are clearly incapable of open constructive conversation.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:07 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Quote:
Typical leftist type. You think people should and have an obligation to answer to you. Well news flash no one has an obligation to you. Should you ever decide to be opened minded enough to other answers other than your own beliefs. I'm all ears. But when you believe your answer is the only answer you only prove that you are clearly incapable of open constructive conversation.
"People" may not have any obligation to answer any questions, but, how about a board member of the Recreational Fishing Alliance? Is his position on a matter of of critical importance to recreational fishing not a reasonable question? I would be interested in his response.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:40 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

I would think those climate change believers are members of PETA not the RFA...Charlie
Old 03-14-2017, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindalfred View Post
"People" may not have any obligation to answer any questions, but, how about a board member of the Recreational Fishing Alliance? Is his position on a matter of of critical importance to recreational fishing not a reasonable question? I would be interested in his response.
If you would like the RFAs official stance on this please ask them. I don't believe anyone's person stance on climate change has anything to do with their desire to help the RFA. Still not sure why you or anyone can justify judging ones desire to help. So feel free believe what you like and I will continue to believe what I like.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:54 AM
Owner NJFishing.com

Fishguy, I've had just about enough of you

I don't owe you any sort of explanation on my stance on global warning. My personal opinion does not represent the official opinion of the RFA either, although I'm pretty sure it leans in the same direction.

Gerry Zagorski <><

Founder/Owner of NJFishing.com since 1997
Proud Supporter of Heroes on the Water
NJFishing@aol.com
Obsession
28 Carolina Classic
Sandy Hook Area
Old 03-15-2017, 08:54 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Tough call here. I don't know whether to believe a fellow recreational angler who calls himself "Joey Dah Fish" on an Internet forum or ~97% of the world's climate scientists:
The 97% consensus on global warming