NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Rutgers at the Fly Fishing Show: - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 01-28-2019, 04:42 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Question Rutgers at the Fly Fishing Show:

The Rutgers people had a booth at the past Fly Fishing Show here in Edison.
After talking to one of the people who worked the booth it was funny to find out people were asking them about trout stocking and the like. I mean we just had a State Fisheries meeting that no one attended, you would think those questions would be better suited at another venue other than the fly fishing show. Even a local TU or Federation meeting could tell you just about anything you needed to know when it comes to trout and stocking. I find it strange in some off beat peculiar way, maybe it's just me.
Anyway I thought it good outreach by the Rutgers people.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7074.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	130984  
Old 01-29-2019, 03:15 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Rutgers at the Fly Fishing Show:

They were intrigued that my shirt said scarlet knights and thought I might be an alumni. Nope I was sporting my son's high school hockey shirt. I'm a SHU Pirate, wouldn't be caught near RU gear. Took me a long time to warm to wear the boys high school gear.

Meh, all the hubbub about trout stocking. I find it funny. At a show where a bunch of people pontificate about wild trout, there are people asking on the sly about stocking.

NJ does a fine job stocking in my opinion, much better than when I started fishing 40 years ago. When they decide to f it up then I'll have to get to a fisheries meeting. Isn't that how the world works? Show up to meetings and rallys when you have something of substance to bitch about?
Old 01-29-2019, 09:21 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Lightbulb Re: Rutgers at the Fly Fishing Show:

Show up at the Fisheries meeting to learn things, never too old to learn.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:44 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Rutgers at the Fly Fishing Show:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Show up at the Fisheries meeting to learn things, never too old to learn.
Agreed, and it's always good to take advantage of the opportunity to catch up with old acquaintances as well as have some good private conversations with the biologists about many widely varying issues regarding fisheries management ideas and concerns. I also often make use of the time to share some info with certain biologists regarding my personal experiences and observations astream. For example the presence of an expanded wild brookie population or seeing fish in a formerly un-documented location.