NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Salmon River trip - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 10-09-2018, 07:03 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Salmon River trip

Well if salmon is what you want now is definitely the time, didn't plan on making a run but fellow member Redman talked me into it, shot up bright and early Monday morning stayed over last night. Salmon wise this year the lake and river season has been the best run I've seen... Like it used to be years ago..... Down low we Targeted the steelies but couldn't find the chrome in the fast water... Kings were everywhere and pushing up in small pods non stop. The usual egg patterns and 8 lb fluro with 2 shots of dinzmore. These things are starting to turn to white belly's and most of them look like a swimming Christmas tree. Salmon bug is out my system for this year two trips up for a overnight adventure is enough for me on to better things STEEL!!! Two weeks back at it up there for 4 days with the BOYZ!!
Few pics for ya guys,
Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 10-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Salmon River trip

Rvta member
Knee Deep member
Mike K Guide Service (owner)
https://www.facebook.com/MikeKGuideService/
(908 642-5423
Old 10-09-2018, 07:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Superb! Amazing fish again
Old 10-09-2018, 08:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

see i told you that you would be back up there before your steel trip with the boyz, nice fish mikey.. the photo with you guys in the river says it all looks like a good trip
Old 10-09-2018, 09:33 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Thumbs up Re: Salmon River trip

That’s the way to do it my friend! It’s all about getting up there and landing some fish with the crazy people!!! Lol! Did you try Yuris caviar? Don’t do it! It’s terrible! Lol!!! Some big ass Kings this year! Wow!!!
Old 10-10-2018, 01:06 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Spent my usual week-long trip up there last week Sun to Fri with my usual motley crew from up and down the east coast. While we didn't hammer them we did manage to do well enough including a fair number of coho along with several nice steelies and 1 brown landed amongst our crew.
Apparently the rain Sat really brought another good push of fish into the river since the reports I got from friends who were up through Mon indicated increased numbers Sat evening into Sun morning down low on the river.
I always get the hell outta town before the Columbus Day weekend circus begins in earnest!!
All that aside nice job Mikey!
Old 10-10-2018, 05:06 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Timing is everything up there and its prime time now. Keep us updated. Thanks
Old 10-10-2018, 12:17 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

i still haven't tried that river salmon stuff, maybe one day...i keep talking myself out of it due to the stories of the massive amounts of people, but doesn't look too bad in the background of your pics. nice fish man.
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 10-10-2018, 02:51 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Big salmon! Great job, Mikey!
Old 10-10-2018, 06:11 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisper4694 View Post
i still haven't tried that river salmon stuff, maybe one day...i keep talking myself out of it due to the stories of the massive amounts of people, but doesn't look too bad in the background of your pics. nice fish man.
I live here in central NY state, its only 110 miles to Pulaski, about 2 hours away..
I went once years ago, and caught a nice salmon first trip there..
Never went back.. the madness I witnessed, the fights, threats of violence, screaming, yelling, cursing, nastiness and horrific behavior i witnessed on that one trip kept me from ever going again.. It was a zoo to put it very mildly.. masses of " less than friendly" guys fishing shoulder to shoulder, and overly competitive and decidedly aggressive attitudes from most.

Absolute combat zone "fishing".. Yes, I don't catch big pacific salmon in other waters I fish here in NY state, but i enjoy quiet, contemplative, productive fishing trips in peaceful surroundings..

It might be worth a try, maybe you might have the right day/place/vibe on that day, and things may have become more civil.. A Monday might be a lot better than the sunday i went, years ago... that one day has kept me from the area for years...

Its a mecca for a lot of people, and they come from hundreds of miles away, but as for me, NO thanks... bob

Last edited by bulletbob; 10-10-2018 at 06:14 PM..