NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Opinions on Snake Heads - Page 8 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Fresh Water Fishing Post all your fresh water topics on this board

Old 07-30-2019, 02:24 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Default Re: Opinions on Snake Heads

https://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/pdf/fwfis...nakehead10.pdf

The only northern report, was one shot by a bow angler in the Del. River, Warren Co. They prefer the slower backwaters of the S. Del. River tribs.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:10 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTuna View Post
And stocked trout are that much different than your pond stocked with muskies lol?

As far as the herring regs, you have no way to prove the herring you are using in the Delaware weren't caught there.

NY lakes want to avoid the transport of any invasive weeds or shellfish, so its worthwhile to have people clean their boats.

Protecting bass, or any fish for that matter, during spawning season is just proper management. Keeping one or two isn't a problem, but if you have many people retaining the fish it can be.

Most of what you cited above actually has a purpose. Requiring species to be killed that have spread throughout every major river drainage in the area is pointless.
I am well aware of all of that information. And though you completely missed my point, you actually proved it if you go back and carefully read what you read.

Just saying, as evidenced by 7 pages of this thread, that one could make an argument about how stupid or how just a whole lot of laws are, and as sportsmen we shouldn't be deciphering which are which and if we feel strongly we should do something to change them.

Thanks for also reminding me why I stopped posting on this board.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:25 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisper4694 View Post
i like koolaid
I like 'turdles'
Old 07-30-2019, 07:07 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishonthelake View Post
I am well aware of all of that information. And though you completely missed my point, you actually proved it if you go back and carefully read what you read.

Just saying, as evidenced by 7 pages of this thread, that one could make an argument about how stupid or how just a whole lot of laws are, and as sportsmen we shouldn't be deciphering which are which and if we feel strongly we should do something to change them.

Thanks for also reminding me why I stopped posting on this board.
No, your point was very clear. And my point is that virtually everything you mentioned in your examples are regulations that have a conservation benefit, in other words a purpose. I informed you on why those regulations have a purpose or a scientific basis. Blindly killing species termed invasive when they are clearly well established throughout major river basins, on the other hand, is pointless and has zero benefit. Which is why most states don't have that ridiculously antiquated, pointless rule. I worked in fisheries management for a state that has sensible rules. Either release immediately, or kill it. Just no live transport. By the way, thank you for proving my point.

This reminds you why YOU no longer post here? Now that is funny. You dont post here because you don't want to deal with having a civil, respectful discussion? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're the only one who came on here and said people are "stupid" for partaking in a fishery that's virtually identical to one you enjoy. Nobody wants to hear your hypocritical, condescending comments.

Honestly, this is probably the only internet board where everyone is helpful, respectful and supportive. It's a pleasure being part of it. However, you only seem hop on here and post to make condescending comments or stir the pot.

Reminds you of why you don't post here...that's a good one, Mark.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:43 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTuna View Post
No, your point was very clear. And my point is that virtually everything you mentioned in your examples are regulations that have a conservation benefit, in other words a purpose. I informed you on why those regulations have a purpose or a scientific basis. Blindly killing species termed invasive when they are clearly well established throughout major river basins, on the other hand, is pointless and has zero benefit. Which is why most states don't have that ridiculously antiquated, pointless rule. I worked in fisheries management for a state that has sensible rules. Either release immediately, or kill it. Just no live transport. By the way, thank you for proving my point.

This reminds you why YOU no longer post here? Now that is funny. You dont post here because you don't want to deal with having a civil, respectful discussion? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're the only one who came on here and said people are "stupid" for partaking in a fishery that's virtually identical to one you enjoy. Nobody wants to hear your hypocritical, condescending comments.

Honestly, this is probably the only internet board where everyone is helpful, respectful and supportive. It's a pleasure being part of it. However, you only seem hop on here and post to make condescending comments or stir the pot.

Reminds you of why you don't post here...that's a good one, Mark.
but snakeheads are evil and mean fish...blue catfish are chubby cuddly cuties!

*gets popcorn and koolaid...and turdels?*
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 07-31-2019, 01:02 PM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Can we get this variety in NJ? What a glorious fish!

Old 07-31-2019, 01:08 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
Can we get this variety in NJ? What a glorious fish!

Andy, see if the pet store has this!!!!
https://www.instagram.com/chrisper_fishing/
https://www.facebook.com/mat.nelson.54
Old 08-01-2019, 12:35 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisper4694 View Post
Andy, see if the pet store has this!!!!
Just spray paint a bowfin and voilà
Old 08-01-2019, 09:18 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Talking Re: Opinions on Snake Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSquatch View Post
How far North have the snake heads gotten and are they any where besides the Delaware and its tribs?
4 lb. Snakehead was caught at the mouth of the Brodhead creek. I was there when it went down!