NJ Fishing Advertise Here at New Jersey's Number 1 Fishing Website!

Message Board

Boat fire seaport inlet marina - Page 2 - NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey

Message Board Registration       FAQ

Go Back   NJFishing.com Your Best Online Source for Fishing Information in New Jersey > NJFishing.com Boating
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

NJFishing.com Boating Use this board to discuss anything related to boats and boating in NJ

Old 02-15-2017, 01:39 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Default Re: Boat fire seaport inlet marina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota560 View Post
what or who is y-days wind
Yesterday's wind
Old 02-15-2017, 08:08 AM
dakota560

Acabtp...thanks I read captnvinny's post wrong, thought he was referring to something else. Long day yesterday, ours was one of the 12 boats involved. Unfortunately our 27 Grady was above the boat where the fire started and completely destroyed as the pictures and videos show. Might be a blessing in disguise with this season's pending fluke regulations but tough day nonetheless. Thank God as I said no one was hurt or killed, blaze got out of control pretty quickly, the fire department did an amazing job making sure it didn't spread avoiding significantly more property damage.

Last edited by dakota560; 02-15-2017 at 08:13 AM..
Old 02-15-2017, 08:11 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Sorry to hear about your boat Dakota! No one hurt and hopefully you have insurance!
Old 02-15-2017, 08:38 AM
NJFishing.com Regular

Sorry to hear of people losing their boats.

How does insurance work in this case, are you covered by your "boat" insurance? Are you indemnified under the marina's policy?

Curious.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:47 AM
dakota560

Will find out soon enough but my guess is my insurance will handle the claim and subrogate against Seaport's liability insurance for recovery. If there was a third party contractor involved in the accident, which is why I asked the question to captnvinny I initially did, my insurance company will go after them as well for reimbursement. Monmouth County Prosecutor's office has to finish their investigation to start the ball rolling and their findings involving cause, negligence etc. will influence I assume how the insurance company proceeds. That's my general understanding of how the claim process will work.

We have, which I believe is fortunate, what's called an "Agreed Upon Value (AUV)" policy. SO I believe in the case of a complete loss which this is, the insurance company will settle the claim for the stated agree upon value of the boat in the policy, less possibly a stated deductible. Again will know after filing a claim but that's my understanding. Other policies without an AUV clause I believe market value or replacement cost factors into the settlement calculation. Again that's my 50,000 foot understanding.

Last edited by dakota560; 02-15-2017 at 08:51 AM..
Old 02-15-2017, 09:01 AM
NJFishing.com Ambassador

Quote:
Captnvinny just curious from your post, what or who is y-days wind. Is that a company or type of shrink wrap?
Yesterdays wind. Sorry to hear about your rig
Old 02-15-2017, 10:13 AM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Jeez, I used to dock there in the AP's days and ALWAYS fuel up there inbound.
NJ Boating College- Lead Instructor
Big time hottie crabber
Old 02-15-2017, 08:51 PM
NJFishing.com Regular

Sorry for those who lost there boats, at the end of the day boats can be replaced people can't. Glad nobody was injured or killed.
Dakota y- winds means yesterdays wind
Old 02-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Rightaway III

The RIGHTAWAY III (top left in photo) is alive and well!! We will be Togging starting April 1st. We're sorry for those that lost their boats.
Capt Ed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	marina fire.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	107513  
Old 02-15-2017, 09:12 PM
NJFishing.com Old Salt

Quote:
Will find out soon enough but my guess is my insurance will handle the claim and subrogate against Seaport's liability insurance for recovery. If there was a third party contractor involved in the accident, which is why I asked the question to captnvinny I initially did, my insurance company will go after them as well for reimbursement. Monmouth County Prosecutor's office has to finish their investigation to start the ball rolling and their findings involving cause, negligence etc. will influence I assume how the insurance company proceeds. That's my general understanding of how the claim process will work.

We have, which I believe is fortunate, what's called an "Agreed Upon Value (AUV)" policy. SO I believe in the case of a complete loss which this is, the insurance company will settle the claim for the stated agree upon value of the boat in the policy, less possibly a stated deductible. Again will know after filing a claim but that's my understanding. Other policies without an AUV clause I believe market value or replacement cost factors into the settlement calculation. Again that's my 50,000 foot understanding.
Close enough on the insurance issue. If you don't have agreed value you must deal with depreciation. Put a claim into your carrier and let them subrogate.